LegacyGT.com

Mounting licence plate on JDM specB bumper

Much as I hate to sully my new bumper with the nasty licence plate, I much prefer it to sullying my driving record with a ticket. I can't find though how people mount the plate to it? The holes are spaced wider than the holes on the plate, and unlike the USDM bumper there's no thick area to screw into... is there a part or something I'm missing?

there's two holes, and then two larger openings (about the size of a thumb) inboard of the holes. The holes on a north american plate line up over these large openings rather then the holes in the bumper, so drilling new holes isn't really an option as there's already larger openings. I've seen other ppl all mount their plates so I know it can be done but nobody is replying to PMs this week it seems. anybody?

There are special clips to hold license plate... I got them. haven't instaled my bumper yet (will do soon) so I haven't tried them yet.

Get a wider license plate! :)

Or at least make a holder that uses the holes and stay happy! You can always fill the extra space with something.

At least I don't have that problem - European license plates are a lot wider.

453747.png

Turns out that ISN'T what I need. I need the parts circled in red - anybody got any ideas? GW isn't responding to PMs and I dunno where else to look for em...

It's basically just a thumb-sized clip that has a threaded hole on the closed end. I have found really small versions of this sort of thing at my subie dealer but they were too little. They're a lot like the mounting clips that come with the RBS grille, only the ones I need are larger. Anyone seen these around anywhere? Couldn't find anything at the bigbox hardware store...

licenceplateclip.jpg.dfa56a3465310f70cf92c9565ce598a9.jpg

Just drill two new holes above where the JDM openings are. Not sure if the Canadian plates are the same width as the US ones but the US plates are wide enough to cover up the JDM openings. Here is what mine looks like.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/2962000-2962999/2962064_117_full.jpg

Archived