LegacyGT.com

Have anyone used Wolfgang's car care products for their Interior?

I was looking at their website and saw their videos on youtube and was pretty impress on their product lines. I was looking at buying Wolfgang Spot Eliminator, Leather Care Cleaner, Vinyl & Rubber Protectant, and Leather Conditioner for my interior. Just want everyone's opinion on it :):)

Look around the forum. There are lots of comments on the leather cleaner and conditioner. I've used the Vinyl & Rubber Protectant as well and it is great stuff. Not too glossy and not greasy at all. As for the other interior products, I've been using things that do the trick just fine and I can't see how something three times as expensive is going to make the spots more gone. lol There is a lot about the Wolfgang line that is second to none, but some of it is easy to match off the shelf. That is the same way it goes with any boutique product.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

So, what do you think of the product and the results afet used of that product? :)

I love it. I've been using it since i got the LGT, and my seats still look great. It smells good and doesn't make the leather shiny.

I love it. I've been using it since i got the LGT, and my seats still look great. It smells good and doesn't make the leather shiny.

How often do you have to reapply the product?

Thanks

I was very unimpressed with Wolfgang's paint sealant, so I'm not even going to giver their interior products a try.

Wow. That is the first time I have ever heard that about Wolfgang from anybody. What are you comparing it to?

OCDETAILS BLOG

How long does Leather Conditioner lasted before it fates away? And how much you get out of for the 16 oz bottle?

Honestly, I'm not sure how long it lasts. I do my seats when I think about it which is probably every 3-4 months, and the seats are still looking pretty good. I'm still on the same bottle after 4 years of use.

Wow. That is the first time I have ever heard that about Wolfgang from anybody. What are you comparing it to?

I'm comparing the claim on the bottle that the sealant lasts for months to my experience that it barely lasts two weeks. Maybe I need to apply more than one coat of sealant? In any case, I am going to try the Danase sealant next time around.

I'm comparing the claim on the bottle that the sealant lasts for months to my experience that it barely lasts two weeks. Maybe I need to apply more than one coat of sealant? In any case, I am going to try the Danase sealant next time around.

Interesting. I've been using Wolfgang sealant for years and my car beads water for several months. It'd be interesting to know the conditions in which it was applied.

It would also be interesting to know what your definition of 'lasts' is. Beading water is an indicator that something is on the paint, but it isn't the only indicator. Surface prep is also part of the equation. If there is a flaw in that part of the process then it can impact the end results. All I'm saying is that there is more data necessary to know why you aren't getting the results you expect. Wolfgang has been around for years and I was a beta tester before it even hit the market. In the hundreds of paint care products that I've tested and evaluated over the past ten years, I've never used something that performs like Wolfgang. I'm not saying it is the best, but I am saying that it rates in the top three products that I have ever used.

However, with that being said, if you go for some Danase products then I highly recommend the Paint Sealant and Wet Glaze combo. That is a stellar combo that has great durability and appearance.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Also very shocked metal. I have been using the pre wax polish and sealant for 2 years now and I only apply once every few months and its still in perfect condition when I apply the new stuff. Never had a wax come close to anything like this.

Thanks for taking an interest, fellas. My routine is :

1) Wash with soap and water

2) Mother's cleaner where necessary

3) Sometimes use Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar (going to use Mother's actual clay bar next time)

4) Turtle Wax Ice Polish

5) Paint sealant

Ive done this twice now with the same results. Once water stops beading and leaves water marks after a wash the sealant is gone as far as I'm concerned. That seems to take two to three weeks with Wolfgang sealant from my experience.

I don't apply the sealant in the shade, but I try to be mindful and do it on overcast days that aren't super hot. I apply with a micro-fiber block thingy and then buff with a micro-fiber towel. When buffing with the towel I can tell the sealant is on there, the paint seems super slick and water beads well, for a few weeks.

The Turtle Wax Ice Polish could be your problem. Sealants need to be applied to a clean surface free of any oils or waxes. I don't know what ICE uses to make its shine, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if it is using an oil or a carnauba. Sealants won't bond if there are any oils present. If you apply it directly after the clay step then you are likely going to see improved results.

Another good 'best practice' is to let the sealant dry on the surface for a little bit. What I do is go around and dress the wheels and tires and do the glass and then buff the sealant off. That gives it time to dry and have maximum bonding. If you buff it off too quickly then it doesn't have time to set.

So anyway, those are some things to try in your process and see if they have an impact. :)

OCDETAILS BLOG

I agree with OCD. You should not have a wax before a sealant. I only use wolfgangs polish because it is specificly designed to go on before the sealant so it doesn't disrupt the bonding process. Also I apply to about two sections at a time, so like roof then hood, then I wipe off roof then hood to make sure there is a good five to ten minutes of drying time.

This is my step process. The Italics I only do every other spring.

Wash - Mequirs gold class car wash

Clay - Wolfgangs Clay

Wash - Mequirs Gold class car wash

Dry - Micro fibers

Polish - Wolfgangs prewax polish enhancer applied with Microfibers

Sealant - Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Paint Sealant applied with micro fiber

My suggestion Metal is wash the car next time with some dishwashing soap. That should strip all the old wax and sealant off your car. Then dry it and use only sealant and see how long it lasts and how much you like it. If it isn't shiny or deep enough for you get the polish. I have never done mine without the polish but the combo makes it look amazing.

Oh and BTW everything I have learned and used come recommended by OCD he is the man. Go on his website and you will see what I mean.

Count me in as one who loves Wolfgang's pre-polish + paint sealant, applied with PC. I'd say it lasts me about 4-5 months.

I'm about to need more. Where's the best place to buy Wolfgang's these days?

^^ Wherever it is the cheapest. lol Autogeek.net tends to have the most frequent deals on it, but there are other sites that occasionally give you a better deal. At $30 a bottle it has become something that I keep to myself and a very small number of regular cars that I detail. I just can't justify stocking up on it like I used to. When it came out it was pretty impressive, but other products have caught on and I can get similar results from less expensive products. I still get better reusults from WG, but sometimes the differences are subjective and not everybody wants to pay more for something that they can't really tell the differences on. Durability is definitely one of them though, so if that is a priority then I would stick with what is proven.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Another Wolfgang fan here, exterior and interior. The leather products are excellent. My twice-yearly sealing process:

- Wash with Meguiar's NXT, two bucket method

- Clay Magic, then wash again or at least quick detail

- Wolfgang pre-wax polish enhancer via microfiber, spot polishing if needed

- 3x coats of Wolfgang sealant via microfiber, 18 hours cure in between

I've also substituted the lowest two coats of Wolfgang for Klasse SG in the winter for durability, with good results. They also work on wheels. Not sure if dishwashing detergent *immediately* followed by sealant is a good idea... the paint is certainly clean, but is it the best it can be without a polishing/clay step?

+1 on OCD. I owe it all to him (perhaps it's because we both have RBP Leggies). Detailing is so addictive I've even gotten by fiancee into it a little.

Archived