LegacyGT.com

How much did you paid on the road for your 2008 Legacy 2.5GT?

My Spec.B had $34,995 on the sticker. Before TTL and warranty it came down to $33,000. After TTL, extended warranty and all that other jazz it came to $36,200. Its being financed at 3% for 4 years. Knowing myself though I wont have the car that long, or much beyond that....

LegacyXP -

I took a 5 year 3.9% interest rate because I can easily earn substantially greater rates of return on my investments and I'd rather have the capital to put into them. I love 0% financing, but here's how I figure it:

$370 per month for 60 months @ 3.9% interest per month = 22,200 total payments

vs.

~$800 per month for 24 months @ 0% interest per month = 19,200 total payments

That gives me $530 more per month to invest in other things. I'll assume a 7% yield on my investments. That's 6360 more to invest per year. Over 2 years, I'd gain several thousand dollars back in interest.

Some things are easier and some things are harder....but a 3.9 or even 4.9% interest rate is pretty sweet :)

Joe

you are right, do you have a point, but you are giving away $3744 for 5 years (Base on what you said on 0% 19200 is you total cost of your car)

3.9% of 19200 is 748.8 per year or $62.4 per month, and than times 5 years is $3744.

$3744 is a lot of money for 5 years, but maybe not for some.

In my opinion 3.9 or 4.9 isn't sweet. Maybe for cars that are under 20k.

To me, 0.9% is good, 1.9% is reasonable, and 2.9% is ok

I got my car for 30.5 k, and they are offering 4.9% for 36 to 60 months. It is close to $1500 per year which I'm giving it away to the bank.

If i did it for 5 years, the total of interest is $7500 dollars. Money is down the drain.

In 3 years, it's 4500, that's alot of money and is a****ping

To me, why pay more than your orginal amount?

I put a good amount down. Mine is a auto 08 limited Gt. I got the 07 financing, and got every option, and i'm sorry about the sunroof.

I did get the 4.xx % interest. Payment at 392, and never had credit before this. I'm not saying i did good but keeping my car so i didn't trade in basically helped me pay for the interest on the car.

But everyone will always have better deals...and the dealership i regret going through...Mine is also from July 07' and is a little over a yr. Had 8 miles on it before i test drove her three times...

I put a good amount down. Mine is a auto 08 limited Gt. I got the 07 financing, and got every option, and i'm sorry about the sunroof.

I did get the 4.xx % interest. Payment at 392, and never had credit before this. I'm not saying i did good but keeping my car so i didn't trade in basically helped me pay for the interest on the car.

But everyone will always have better deals...and the dealership i regret going through...Mine is also from July 07' and is a little over a yr. Had 8 miles on it before i test drove her three times...

I have to say yes and no, because not everyone will always have better deals.

A buy must have 700+ on their credit score to get good APRs and the income to qualify for the Financing.

I was able to get 0% APR for 24 months because I have credit score of 722 on Equifax, but I had to put 5000 down due to my limited income.

So I ask my father if he is cool for me to put him as a co signer, and he was cool with it. My father also have 700 on Equifax.

I include him because it is a family tradition. My bro asked him, and now I ask him to show that my father is important to me by including him is the decision of buying a car and ask help if need it.

Let just said my family was there when I brought the car.

i got mine for around 28

but quick question.

Am I the only one who was told by subaru that they could not put a navigation in an '08 lgt mt?

You cant get a Navi with the 5MT, but if you get the Spec B with the 6MT you get the navi and VDC:spin:

Mine was $25k after a trade-in on my '00 OBW Limited back in April of this year. My LGT has the navigation computer, an auto-dimming rear view mirror plus the SI. The only parts that were added to it were a hood protector, all-weather mats and splash guards.

• 1 month later...

Satin white, GT limited turbo fully loaded at least from what i think...

Lets see automatic with shifters on steering wheel, NAV, rear wing, mud flaps, remote start, heated leather seats, chrome package trim, cargo nets in trunk, 6yr 80K mile extended warranty, home link, ipod hookup, entended arm rest, sunroof......i think thats it. It had more then what i wanted or needed but it had 5k miles and Bill Kolb owner of dealership was driving it. Dealt with him direct i guess i got lucky. Had one little rock chip on hood and that was it. Take home price with everything was 27,480.

I think what i paid was good even though it had 5k miles. it got fully detailed and serviced right before i picked it up two days later. I love it. :spin:

After selling my previous car, paying off my loan, negotiating the price of the Spec B and putting the extra money from my car down, I got a loan through Chase/Subaru for $27k at 3.9% for 60 months. I put down another $1500 to get the loan at 27k. So I guess the OTD price was $28,600. The car's selling price was $30,800.

I didn't get an extended warranty although it was offered to me for about $1200 which I don't think was that bad. They did leave me thinking if I should have gotten it and if I should get it down the road.

I will be paying more than the minimum payment and will probably pay the car off in 3 years (if I don't end up selling it before that)

you are right, do you have a point, but you are giving away $3744 for 5 years (Base on what you said on 0% 19200 is you total cost of your car)

3.9% of 19200 is 748.8 per year or $62.4 per month, and than times 5 years is $3744.

$3744 is a lot of money for 5 years, but maybe not for some.

In my opinion 3.9 or 4.9 isn't sweet. Maybe for cars that are under 20k.

To me, 0.9% is good, 1.9% is reasonable, and 2.9% is ok

I got my car for 30.5 k, and they are offering 4.9% for 36 to 60 months. It is close to $1500 per year which I'm giving it away to the bank.

If i did it for 5 years, the total of interest is $7500 dollars. Money is down the drain.

In 3 years, it's 4500, that's alot of money and is a****ping

To me, why pay more than your orginal amount?

I know this is a bit late, but I'm an accountant so I apologize for the anal-retentiveness...but check your math dude. Since you put $5K on your car ($30.5K) you're financing $25.5K. If you did so over 60 months at 4.9%, you will have paid $3,303 in total interest. Your figure of $7,500 is equivalent to either a rate of 10.65% over 60 months or financing $58,000 over 60 @ 4.9%.

New vehicle auto loans are pretty inexpensive these days. 4.9% is not bad for a quality vehicle. Wait until banks turn off the money spigot and the FFR starts rising...you'll be happy with a 12% - 15% loan!! :eek:

$28.5k (invoice)

$5000 down

-$1000 Subie Rebate

3.9% for 60 months

5EAT

3yr roadside

auto dim mirror+homelink

all weather floor mats

splash guard

spoiler

loaner for life

(i didnt want nav. the subie nav is a joke)

$25.4k out the door

Great deal? probably not :confused:

Car purchased in Aug '07

2008 Legacy GT Limited 5EAT w/ Navi & VDC

Paddle Shifters

Wheel Locks

Arm Rest Extension

Mud Flaps

Auto Dimming Mirror/Homelink

Subie Rubber Mats

Spoiler

XM Sat radio