LegacyGT.com

No LGT wagons in CA

Predator

Been searching high and low for the past two months for an '05 or '06 LGT wagon in California. No dice. Dang these are hard to find. I'm actually considering flying out of state to pick one up. Anybody want to sell me theirs? :)

I've been surfing carmax, and in a 5mt the pickings are slim to none. Throw that on top of the fact they won't haggle over the price and you are locked in paying more for a car then you could buy from another dealer or private party. Carmax = teh suckage.

I have an '05 LGT MT w/ 33k.

In can be yours for one meeelion dollars.

Seriously though, I looked for months, and was just about to give up when I found this one. Religiously checking Autotrader eventually paid off though. Good luck.

If it's 50 state legal I can just register it. Can somebody pop the hood of their '05 LGT and tell me which of these two stickers you see...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/images/fastfacts/ffvr29/emissions_cert.jpg

I think I found an '05 in Illinois. Anybody know if I'll need to get a smog check in CA before they'll let me register the car?

Yes, but registering it is really easy.

While it doesn't matter if they're over 7,500mi (over 7,500mi they're not "new" and therefore you can import EPA legal car), all LGTs I know of are 50 state legal (Mine is, purchased new in Nebraska, then purchased used in SLC)

Regsitering it is really easy, though you may run around with a red number for a week. CA DMV is massively easy to work with if you make an appointment.

(Despite my location, my car is regsitered in CA, long story)

The one warning I would give is to not import a car with signficant engine mods as any car imported to CA regardless of age (well, unless it's pre-75) needs a SMOG check and also gets inspected by someone at the DMV.

I think I found an '05 in Illinois. Anybody know if I'll need to get a smog check in CA before they'll let me register the car?

My 05 LGT 5M is 50 state. I bought it in NM and I had to smog it before I could register in CA. Maybe I was just screwed. Here is what is says on the DMV's site, which isnt' helpful...

The following is required to register a nonresident vehicle:

1. An Application for Title or Registration (REG 343) signed by all registered owners, showing the name and address of the lienholder (legal owner), if any.
  2. Last issued out-of-state title, unless held by the lienholder/legal owner (This applies only if there is not a change of registered owner.)
  3. Last issued registration certificate, if the applicant is the same as the registered owner shown on the out-of-state title and the vehicle entered California with valid out-of-state registration, or if the title has been lost.
  4. Bill of Sale if the person from whom you are buying the vehicle purchased it from the registered owner shown on the title.
  5. Odometer disclosure statement signed by the seller and buyer if the vehicle is less than ten model years old.
  6. The vehicle must be inspected by an authorized DMV employee, law enforcement officer, or a licensed vehicle verifier. These inspections are most easily obtained by bringing the vehicle to the nearest DMV, where there is no extra fee charged for the inspection. For faster service, make an appointment.
  7. Smog certification, if applicable [wtf does that mean? :spin:]
  8. Weight certificate, if applicable
  9. Declaration of Gross Vehicle Weight/Combined Gross Vehicle Weight (REG 4008) form for commercial motor vehicles (pickups with unladen weight of 8,000 lbs. or less are exempt from this requirement)
  10. Appropriate Fees

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Smog certification, if applicable [wtf does that mean? :spin:]

Huh?

That means you need to get it SMOGed unless its an exempt vehicle (hybrid, diesel, natural gas, electric, etc)

I have been eyeballing that car for weeks, but I just can't convince my wife that we should go all the way to maryland to get it. She said if I found one closer she would be open to it, but Maryland was too far. It is killing me cause every day I search every day about 3 times a day on here, autotrader, Cars.com, ebay, craiglist in every city east of the mississippi. That one is so clean and at such a good price just too far away. =<

I have been eyeballing that car for weeks, but I just can't convince my wife that we should go all the way to maryland to get it. She said if I found one closer she would be open to it, but Maryland was too far. It is killing me cause every day I search every day about 3 times a day on here, autotrader, Cars.com, ebay, craiglist in every city east of the mississippi. That one is so clean and at such a good price just too far away. =<

There's currently 3 LGT manual wagons (1 non-limited, 2 limited) for sale in the salt lake city area :), though they're all over 50k mi :(

Archived