LegacyGT.com

Has anyone actually removed the scalp cap on the mirrors?

SlightlyEvil

I'm trying to do this, and I know in the vaca pics it says use a flathead to remove those clips (A) but they're frickin TIGHT on mine. I'm afraid to push up on them too hard and break the motor that moves the mirror, or something else. Do you have to push SUPER hard or am I missing some trick with those clips?

Unless you've done this first hand save your comments for now, guessing doesn't help. :)

Check with psucaptainkickass as he has one for sale and/or has replaced one so he might also have some recent experience with the cap.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

They pull off pretty easy, gently prise up with the screwdriver and they'll come.

Prise up on what though? If you move the mirror as far 'up' as it'll go, then pull gently on the bottom edge it actually goes further until it reaches a stop. Then prise up on... just the mirrors bottom edge? I can feel (and sorta see) the clips they refer to in the diagram, but they're too stiff to affect with the head of the driver, so did you just pull on the bottom edge of the mirror? Or did you try put the flathead between the back of the mirror and mounting plate?

Subietronic, thanks!

I used wd40 on those clips and the clips popped off quite easily. They wouldn't budge before I sprayed them though.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived