LegacyGT.com

Top Gear: STi vs. Evo X

like i said before i cant stand wagons lol

The STI is not a wagon... it is a hatchback. Wagons are typically larger (longer) than sedan versions of the same car. Other cars, even though they might have 5-doors are called hatchbacks. Not to confuse them with liftbacks... ;)

If you don't like the look of either of these cars, then don't buy them. They are both great choices to have when compared to your everyday $hitty A to B kind of cars.

BTW, kid, you are officially one of the most annoying people on these boards. Grow up and stop being such a teen. :spin:

Guest JessterCPA
Lol thanks, that means alot coming from a guy who doesnt know me at all.

That must be the stupidest remark I have ever seen anyone make. Sorry...just my opinion.

Lol thanks, that means alot coming from a guy who doesnt know me at all.

as for the length how much longer does the car have to be to be a wagon and not a hatch, the wagon is 2 inchs longer than the sedan

Quoted for posterity... calling people names on the internet; you are tough. :lol:

I do not know you personally, but I have formed an opinion of you, which is based on your lame threads and posts. You seem to be a very stubborn, opinionated, rebellious teenager. Disagree all you want. Oh, and enjoy my ignore list. :spin:

Guest heightsgtltd
how come every time you get into an efight on here, which happens to be often you call someone a fag or gay? That shit is kinda juvenille bro. We are adults on here...

Lol thanks, that means alot coming from a guy who doesnt know me at all..

as for the length how much longer does the car have to be to be a wagon and not a hatch, the wagon is 2 inchs longer than the sedan

I take it you're a big supported of President Bush?

Wow man, just wow, there are some inappropriate ways to talk to people, you just hit several of them. I really hope a mod comes along and gives you a little time to reflect.

how come every time you get into an efight on here, which happens to be often you call someone a fag or gay? That shit is kinda juvenille bro. We are adults on here...

Speak for yourself... oh wait..

Wheres AK:hide:

I've been busy out racing my 08 STI. ;) Actually, the other mods have come and taken care of business.

I have yet to drive an Evo X because everytime I've gone over there to look at one, the dealership here is asking $50K+ for them! It's ridiculous! Also, they still had not received any MR's and that's what I'd be interested in testing out. I've driven both the IX and IX MR before and though impressive, I still prefer my Subie better. And yes, I do love my 08 STI. I can't tell you how many compliments I get from the car guys regarding this car and how well it handles on the 1320 and the autox/rallyx tracks. Honestly, I don't know of too many cars with just an intake and tune that can run a 12. I know how much it took for my LGT to get there. These cars are amazing and I do drive mine all over town (more so the LGT as of late to keep some miles off) and we have no kids, so it's just me, hubby and my 2 little dogs. I wanted the hatch because it can hold quite a bit of things and that's what I need. The X has almost NO cargo space! That big trunk isn't big at all! :( I was a bit disappointed.

However, I will probably stop by the dealer soon to see if they ever got any of the MR's in, they always want you to fill out pwk and make sure you qualify for the car first. :rolleyes: Then again, they at least let you test drive them vs the Subie dealer does not. I have made an agreement with the sales dept that I will give rides to any would be STI buyers if they pay for the gas. They can't drive my car, but I can almost guarantee I'd have them sold on one by the time we got back. ;)

and did I mention that I love my 08 STI? :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Its not like the evo clearly out handles or clearly has more power than the STI. After driving both the evo alot more since my friend has one i would say in handling they are pretty equal and in straight out speed i would actually give it to the STI. I can tell you one thing my stage 2 auto legacy takes his evo from a dig mainly cause he wont launch any higher than 3k(cause its a new car) and from a 2nd gear roll i take him everytime by 1-2 cars. It the same race everytime i pull 1 in 2nd and the we stay pretty equal all the way through 3rd, sometimes i gain another car through 3rd but most of the time he just sits 1 car back until 100mph when i usually let off.

As far as driving the evo to work, i would, i ride a cbr 600 to work most days it doesnt rain, thats not the most comfortable 45min-1hour drive but i do it cause its more fun. The Problem everyone has with the evos limited space is do you have a life? Do you like to take road trips with friends or family? Go camping, hunting, fishing trips, basically anytime you go aways from home for a couple days your gonna say why didint i get the STI lol but if your single with no friends or just fat and dont leave your house then the evo is def a great car.

having an 05 LGT 5EAT that was stg 1, stg 2, and stg 3 and a stg 1 07 STI and stg 1 08 STI, your friend doesn't know how to drive his Evo. My 08 STI, even stock would eat my 05 LGT stg 2 hands down. I know this because I track my cars and have actual time slips to prove it. My LGT is a great car and when she was stg 3, though a hair faster than the STI, if I add up how much it cost me plus the car, it is more than what i have paid for the STI including the few mods I've done thus far, 3 yrs later. Actually, it kind of pains me to think about how much money I put into the LGT to only make her slightly faster than my stg 1 08 STI and how much slower it will be when I just add a downpipe. :( My wallet still hurts.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived