LegacyGT.com

3.0 jdm bumper

jomamma

does any one know if the jdm 3.0 bumper is longer than the 2.0? i ask cuz a member, respect23, has a jdm sti lip that runs the same length as our bumper. he says he bought it from another member and it's a "real sti lip." i don't think he realizes it's the 3.0 lip. have a look

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee48/mj23sd/subaru/LGT007.jpg

I have the JDM specB front bumper, STI spoiler, and USDM bumper ( USDM currently on car). The STI lip seems to fit both the USDM and JDM bumpers, but the holes are all in the wrong spots for the USDM one, and it's not a great fit (compared to the JDM SpecB bumper which it mates up to perfectly.) The depth of the base of both bumpers is probably identical, it's the big protruding area around the bumper beam (just below headlights & grille) that is larger on the USDM than JDM.

Can't say for sure though.

i PM'd the guy that owns that black LGT and he said that he doesnt remember exactly what lip it is but he thinks that it is a spec b lip. i tried to PM him again but he didnt reply so i got on japanparts. it is also sorta nice to be in japan right now b/c i have the new legacy catalog with all the sti parts in it so i could get a better picture of what it might be!

here is what i came to conclude! If you guys think that it may be a differnt one please let us know!

i think that the lip is a spec b lip but is from the newer body style BL/BP with the face lift (our 08)!

i though that it might have been from the 05-07 body style but after i looked close at the picture of his car and the pictures on japanparts i think that it isnt.

Here is the 05-07 body style (the lip i thought it was is on the silver legacy)

here is the 08-on body style (the lip in question is on the 3RD silver legacy in the picture of 3 cars) In the STi lips section of the JDM catalog i have it shows all 3 cars and the one that looks the closes is a 3.0R spec b and a 2.0R spec b! The side of the lip seems to be a near perfect match tho the one on the black LGT in post 1 b/c all the other lip seem to not have a big enough "flare" as that one!

-mike-

Archived