LegacyGT.com

Anyone else find the sound of the Boxer...

As a matter of fact, yes -- although "addictive" is perhaps too strong a word.

I'm coming off a Honda S2000, the second-generation version that revved "only" to 8200, with the VTEC power band starting at 6000. While that was fun, I've decided I really like the Subaru growl better. I don't know if it's less insulation or what, but my Spec.B has more of it than our OBXT -- and it's started to sound like a car should, to me. HPH

the wrx guys' rumble is much more pronounced than our cars, i've noticed... could be the dual exhaust? i dunno.

dont get me wrong i like the more smooth rumble of the LGT just wondering why it would be so different.

car for sale. PM me!

As a matter of fact, yes -- although "addictive" is perhaps too strong a word.

I'm coming off a Honda S2000, the second-generation version that revved "only" to 8200, with the VTEC power band starting at 6000. While that was fun, I've decided I really like the Subaru growl better.

I miss the sound of my boxer revving to 8500 rpm.

I can really hear the boxer rumble with my HKS Silent Hi-Power CBE. LOVE IT!! :wub:

My ancient standart Hi-power blew all it's packing out after i got the VF39 and 20psi at 7000rpm :lol: (Rebuilt 2L STi engine) I Just bought a silent power, can't wait till it's on - but i am LOVING the note i have at the moment :D It's a bit loud for NZ law though...

And who makes boxer engine noises when they're bored and walking through the house? ;)

Funny thing is that when I was a kid that sound in general was associated with all those bugs littering the streets. Underpowered and noisy. And utterly dangerous - when you have the gas tank over your knees and the engine behind the rear wheels it's like throwing a dart backwards.
453747.png

Funny thing is that when I was a kid that sound in general was associated with all those bugs littering the streets. Underpowered and noisy. And utterly dangerous - when you have the gas tank over your knees and the engine behind the rear wheels it's like throwing a dart backwards.

Now that's a visual I hadn't thought about for VW Bug...:lol:

Boxer burble for the win every time. My wife actually complimented how nice the Prodrive cans made the car sound. My daughter said, "It sounds mean now Dad." Yea, what's not to like.

For those who haven't experienced the raw effect, just do the Hogzaust mod for a few weeks. You'll be patently hooked.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived