LegacyGT.com

55watt and 35watt hid bulbs the same?

naimouasta

ok so my consensus from ready various posts on this forum is that 55watt hid kits are probably specific to 55watt rated hid bulbs.

so i browsed a bunch of websites that offered 55watt hid kits. they also offer replacement bulbs. but i noticed they all do not offer 55watt specific bulbs, just hid bulbs in general. so does that mean 55watt kits use the same bulbs as the 35watt kits?

quoted from a website:

"Our exclusive 55 watt high-output DIGITAL ballasts will offer 30-40% more light than the standard 35watt setup....bla, bla, bla.....These work with any OEM or aftermarket 35 watt, 50 watt, and 55 watt bulbs"

so can the retrofit guys (i'm not one of them :icon_cry:) just pop these 55watt ballasts in using d2s bulbs for more output with no ill-effects? maybe some reduced bulb life? or is ok?

you can use 35 watt bulbs with 5ow set-ups without much hard... some say that 55w bulbs are thicker, meh, i doubt it....go 35w, i went 50w recently and didnt notice much difference, if any...like anything else the projector set up has to maximize the 50w output and I dont think my rx330afs retro does that

im running 55w ballasts on 35w phillips 5000k bulbs...i also have tried the bulbs provided without any change in output...so at least i have extras

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived