LegacyGT.com

Foglights???

I've got a bunch of wreckers around here, I was just wondering if it clips into my stock wiring or what?

Also whats the diff between the JDM ones and the USM ones?

I found some jdm ones online, but I don't think they will fit in my bumper, the light port is square, not a rectangle.....

Thanks,

Jon

if your did not come with fogs from the factory,you dont have a foglight relay.You need to do all the wiring yourself,even the relay. If you understand how to read a wiring diagram, you can wire it just like subaru did.Look in your haynes manual,it's all there.You also may be able to buy an entire wiring harness from rallylights.com

OK Subaru decided to be funny and label the pins on their relays different then the rest of the world. I've got pins 1 2 3 and 5 compared to the pins 30, 86, 87 and so on. Also, I'm looking to tie this in stock (so the fogs go out when the high beams are on) anyone done this or know which side of the relay does what?

I've gotten a copy of the wiring diagram.... so all i need to know is like pin 3 = the one that goes to the lights or something like that.

thanks a ton.

lights.thumb.jpg.da148148835671d1e3cca48397311282.jpg

Here's the standard pin layout, found on rallylights.com :

Pin 30 is always Power from the Battery

Pin 85 is always Ground

Pin 86 is always the Signal or Trigger

Pin 87 is always Power to you Device

Pin 87a on a SPDT relay is the "switch to" Device; for example the power will be switched from the 87 pin to the 87a pin

CORRECTION:

Note – the control circuit assumes a conventionally wired OE headlamp system. That is, the +12V is switched to the high and low beams. Note that in some Japanese cars, the GROUND is switched instead. In that case, you would apply battery to pin 85 of the relay and the high or low beam circuit to the other side of the on/off switch.

Think this might hold true for the Suby 12V relay, don't hold me to that but i think this is the case. Switch Pins refer to a stock Suby Fog Switch. Does anyone have a copy of the Haynes that can confirm this?

Looks like this from bottom of relay:

__|_|__

[ 5 2 ]

[ 3 1 ]

Note: 2 and 1, im not sure which is which... because hella does theres for voltage switch, ours change ground, so they might be backwards, eeek.

Pin 2 is Power from the Battery (via 15Amp fuse coming from under dash (Fuse 6, called Fog))

Pin 1 is connected to the Hi Beam Power Supply (via wire from 15A Fuse under hood (Fuse 26, which is powered by the H/L Right Relay))

Pin 3 is connected to your Fog Light Switch (pin 5 or 6 depending on the switch)

Pin 5 is always Power to your Device (Fog lights)

Switch Wiring:

looking from the back of the switch:

1 3

2 6

Pin 1: Goes to Low Beam ground (this connection breaks when you move the lights to Hi Beam, so the fogs will go out) (if you dont like that, then ground the switch to the chassis)

Pin 2: ground for the illumination bulb (one that dims with rest of dash, tie it into another switch on your dash)

Pin 3: Goes to the same point as RELAY Pin 1.

Pin 4: +12 volts for illumination bulb when dash is illuminated (tie into another switch in dash)

Pin 5: Connects to RELAY Pin 3

Pin 6: Connects to RELAY Pin 3

Note: Pin 5 and 6 are interchangeable, some switches have one or the other or both.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got them done! Holy crud that was a mess.

For the switch, pins 2, 3, and 4 get wired into the CRUISE harness, not the defroster.

Switch Wiring:

looking from the back of the switch:

1 3

2 6

Pin 1: ground for the ON bulb. tie into cruise switch

Pin 2: ground for the illumination bulb (one that dims with rest of dash, tie it into cruise on your dash)

Pin 3: tie it into cruise on your dash

Pin 4: +12 volts for illumination bulb when dash is illuminated (tie into cruise switch in dash)

Pin 5: Connects to RELAY Pin 3

Pin 6: Connects to RELAY Pin 3

Note: Pin 5 and 6 are interchangeable, some switches have one or the other or both.

Subaru Relay wiring:

Looks like this from bottom of relay:

__|_|__

[ 5 2 ]

[ 3 1 ]

Pin 2 is Power from the Battery (via 15Amp fuse coming from under dash (Fuse 6, called Fog))

Pin 1 is connected to the Hi Beam Power Supply (via wire from 15A Fuse under hood (Fuse 26, which is powered by the H/L Right Relay)) You can find this under the steering wheel. If anyone needs help, msg me.

Pin 3 is connected to your Fog Light Switch (pin 5 or 6 depending on the switch)

Pin 5 is always Power to your Device (Fog lights)

Archived