LegacyGT.com

Down a headlight?

Just burnt out my headlight bulb for the 3rd time in 15k mi. It's the passenger side again. I can't afford to pay for a new bulb so often; I need to pay for college. I heard you can send in the recipt to Subaru and get reimbursed. Does anyone know to which Subaru address do I send the receipt? Thanks.

Check with the dealership for an address or a 800 number. I haven't heard of the reinbursment but if you find an answer from Subaru let us all know. If you do get the money back it's probably a PR thing with them. What's $15 to keep a happy customer of a $35,000 car.

Just burnt out my headlight bulb for the 3rd time in 15k mi. It's the passenger side again. I can't afford to pay for a new bulb so often; I need to pay for college. I heard you can send in the recipt to Subaru and get reimbursed. Does anyone know to which Subaru address do I send the receipt? Thanks.

are you doing this yourself or having the dealer do it? If yourself, are you making sure to keep fingerprints off the bulbs? My bro had a similar issue until I explained to him that oil from your fingers = death for bulbs.

I had the dealership replace my bulbs and as a courtesy the five minute job was done in the parking lot free. The bulb did cost $14. Patagonia GT is right about the DIY and the oil from your fingers killing bulbs. It's in the owners manual. :cool:

Archived