LegacyGT.com

Sam's Club: Eagle Response vs F1

fishbone

You have to choose from GY or Dunlop?

Yes. Basically I can't switch brands if I want to get them warrantied. Dunlop is also owned by Goodyear from what I gather.

In addition, what sucks even more is that the dealer I HAVE to go through, Graham Tire, is more expensive than Sam's Club. But they won't let me go to Sam's since they are not an authorized dealer. That's an awful lot of restrictions from Goodyear in order for them to basically do what's right and put me on a set of tires that don't suffer from a manufacturer defect. They should just give me the credit and wish me luck, and let me go wherever I want and buy whatever tire I want.

If I would have purchased the road hazard coverage from Sam's, I wouldn't have had to go through all this. Basically I would have been able to get the pro-rate through them and have them install whatever other set I wanted. Lesson learned.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those following this thread, already posted in the other one regarding the recall on these tires. The outcome is ... Goodyear will be replacing the tires at no cost to me. The Eagle F1 A/S were redesigned after 14/09 manufacturer date (14th week, which makes it mid-April?). They confirmed I will be getting the new design.

• 1 year later...

Thread revival. Had the tires replaced, they now have about 15K miles on them and are loud as shit. I am due for another balance and rotation and I will have them checked for cupping. They are not as noisy as when the first set was defective, but these things sound like a pack of howling wolves at certain speeds. I am now also hearing a high-pitched even hum but I am not entirely sure if it is the tires or a wheel bearing. They also can't maintain tire pressure worth shit. I have to top them off every 2 weeks.

I do not recommend these tires at all. They perform great but are not worth the hassle.

Archived