LegacyGT.com

open source tuning for CAN/BUS

collegemt

There was a short discussion regarding the 2007 LGT 5EAT rom and 2008 STi rom. There are some differences between the new ecus and the 2005-2006. Luckily, it appears that the new roms are similar to the 2007 STi.

Tuning a Stage 1 or Stage 2 car is actually VERY easy.

The only thing that I would be worried about is the timing logic. Subaru started to add weird timing logic and it's gotten weirder with the new roms. I just saw some logs from a 2007 WRX TR that was protuned (Cobb AP). The tuner clearly did not understand the alternate timing tables because the timing was all over the place and it did not drive smoothly.

Luckily, from merchgod's description, it sounds like the new roms follow the 2007 STi logic which we have studied to some extent.

I wouldn't tune it for a few months though. Let other people experiment first.

Couldn't wait, just bought a ap for my 08 wrx and a used megan racing DP. I am still wainting on my SPT catback, but it is backordered. I think it is just as fast as my legacy, but I need to take it to the track to confirm. It definetly spools alot quicker.

Spools quicker cause it has a smaller turbo, LGT turbo's are actually an upgrade for them.

I know the LGT turbo is a upgrade, but the Stage 2 wrx feels pretty fast.

However, the legacy is a much nicer car and looks alot better.

I know the LGT turbo is a upgrade, but the Stage 2 wrx feels pretty fast.

However, the legacy is a much nicer car and looks alot better.

+1. the 08 WRX is pretty impressive with what they are doing with the tuning. I remember seeing a thread on NASIOC with an 08 WRX and VF40 that was making some very very impressive numbers! talk about super cheap upgrade! You can get a used VF40 for $250 or less on the forums.

I think SOA really detuned/crappy tunes from the factory.

know my 08 STI is pretty damn impressive. stg 1 and I ran 12.94 vs stg 3 05 LGT 5EAT and ran 12.86 as my best run. I can only imagine what stg 2 will produce for me and I only plan on a crosspipe (already have), motor mounts, shifter bushings, downpipe and tune, not full TBE (i like the quietness of the OEM exhaust), add some f/r sways and I should be pretty much done. Stock ride heighth (it's about perfect for me).

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Wow why is it taking so long?

Taken from the Tactrix website

NOTE ON AVAILABILITY:

The Openport 2.0 has completed manufacture, but we are still working on various firmware features and the supporting EcuFlash software for newer CAN vehicles as well as previously supported vehicles. Please be patient while we finish these last few (but essential) pieces of this product. We hope to have it ready to ship as soon as possible!

• 5 weeks later...

cool... I am looking for a way to remap the ECU on my JDM Legacy but the US Cobb Accessport does not support JDM versions. There are now JDM versions of the Accessport out there but they are simply re-flashing tools stuck with a few preloaded maps from the vendor.

This "should" work with the JDM Legacy I hope?

cool... I am looking for a way to remap the ECU on my JDM Legacy but the US Cobb Accessport does not support JDM versions. There are now JDM versions of the Accessport out there but they are simply re-flashing tools stuck with a few preloaded maps from the vendor.

This "should" work with the JDM Legacy I hope?

It can be made to work for any 32bit Subaru rom. If your rom is not already on file you can pull it with the new cable and send it to one of the RomRaider developers (Merchgod) to add it.

• 1 month later...
Come on if anyone has any review info....

I bought an AP last week but would like to see some reviews on the CANbus

Threre won't be much review as of yet, no RomRaider support. Unless a few brave few attempt to edit the roms with ECUFlash, which should be possible. Or I get my hand on one of these CANBus vehicles :icon_twis Still no logger has been released though.

I've got the 2.0....works just fine. :) Thing is - Doesn't work with...yeah..romraider. Can't log.

I edited via romraider, then flahsed with ECUFlash.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Archived