LegacyGT.com

Yay

got my first set of parts on for this summer for my 98 GT. had some issues on the way but a little tourch here and some welding there i made it work. put an injen cai on, kartboy tranny mounts and short throw shift kit with all the bushings and an sti tranny mount. the old tranny mount was f-in gone, the car would shutter somthing aweful. putting the tranny crossmember back in i blew apart one of the welds on the right front welded in nut for the crossmember. enter the cut off wheel, tourch and welder, got a new nut welded in there and it all went back toget her with out any issue. shifting is now amazing and the car doesnt feel like its going to fall apart when i take off from a stop now. i like the cai a lot more then the short ram i had on my other 98 gt, not as much noise from it in the cab of the car. i dont care if i picked up any power or not, i really dont beat on the car all that often. im just hoping for any tiny amount of a gas mileage increase. i am going to run it for a little bit and see if i do pick up anything. i have been getting 25mpg pretty much dead on for the past year iv had it. i will keep you posted

25mpg is good. Yeah - tranny mount - known weak link. I've got the STI Group N on my 98 (engine and tranny mounts) and that fixed it up very nicely.

+1 on pics.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'll swipe my GFs digital cam and take some pix cause my cam is junk. I got the CAI from Rallitek.com, the other parts came from Rallysportdirect.com. Not that I don't know these things but I wish some of these sites would start listing that 95% of all Impreza parts will fit on Legacys. It would make it easier for people that are new to Legacys, it's not like there is a shortage of us that want to thow parts at them. Slackers

my experiences with avo, rallitek and others who have sales people on the boards, is that a pm is returned with PNs and links if you just ask.

BUT

it is frustrating in the heat of battle when youre just trying to give them your money and cant be bothered to stop your shopping

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

• 4 weeks later...
So yeah, iv been a slacker and still havent taken pictures yet... i just ran my first full tank throught that i was able to get a MPG off of. It went from 24/25 to 28.8, and this is in high 80s to mid 90s outside temp with 90% humidity plus everyday. I'm pretty thrilled with the bonus mileage.

I dont belive so, the auto crossmember is different and the mount may be also. i will check it out though, i have a auto kicking around with the mount on it. i have seen a polly insert for the auto tranny mounts so that kind of would make me think there are 2 mounts.

Archived