LegacyGT.com

Please review logs with negative KC :(

gianspi

Hi there,

I am getting negative KC when I lift off throttle at 7000rpm and at WOT at 1500 rpm (at no boost). Is this normal? Or more important, is this map safe?

I really don't know much and since my tuner is no longer doing e-tunes I'm in the dark. Any help is greatly greatly greatly appreciated!

Thank you again.

~Gian

3rd_gear_WOT_pdf.pdf

1st_through_3rd_pdf.pdf

LearningView_pdf.pdf

1st_through_3rd_csv.pdf

3rd_gear_WOT_csv.pdf

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

well i'm not going to commnt on wether its a safe tune or not. i'll leave that to the guys who know a lot more than me. but i do know you logged way too many parameters.

log these:

Engine Speed (rpm)

Engine Load (Direct)* (g/rev)

Ignition Timing (degrees)

Feedback correction (degrees)

Manifold Rel. Pressure (Corrected) (psi)

Mass Air Flow (g/s)

Primary Wastegate Duty Cycle (%)

Throttle Opening Angle (%)

I would stick with the 510N rom instead of the 522N rom UNLESS you are having cruise control issues. If you really want to stick with the 522N rom, then you should have merchgod modify your rom to eliminate the WGDC time delay.

Make sure your alternate WGDC table is what you want it to be because your CL/OL delay is non-zero.

I would not change your AFR Learning D range. It makes it more unlikely that your AFR Learning D will learn but it isn't high enough to lock it out. So, one day, eventually, your AFR Learning D WILL adjust and you have no idea what that's going to do. Good or bad. My guess is bad since your AFR learning C is -9%. Either leave it at 40 or increase it to 70. My vote is to leave it at 40 unless you are 100% sure your fuel never changes

-9% AFR learning C can cause knock in the high rpm and low load range, but I don't know what your MAF table looks like so you would need to log it.

As for your knock, it looks like it's all tip-in knock. Reduce the number of parameters that you log to bare minimum. However, log AFR #1. The WBO2 is too far away. Just do WOT logs from 2000 to 3000 rpm.

I would not change your AFR Learning D range. It makes it more unlikely that your AFR Learning D will learn but it isn't high enough to lock it out. So, one day, eventually, your AFR Learning D WILL adjust and you have no idea what that's going to do. Good or bad. My guess is bad since your AFR learning C is -9%. Either leave it at 40 or increase it to 70. My vote is to leave it at 40 unless you are 100% sure your fuel never changes

You confused me a little bit :lol:

What is the benefit or purpose of extending the C range?

Oh wow, thank you all for the responses. Unfortunately I don't understand much of what was said. I'm going to do some reading on the subject. Do you think it would be beneficial to purchase a pro-tune and scrap this map?

I think he meant extend D to 70 to take it out of the equation or leave it at the stock 40.??

Well no, that would be extending C. The D range with oem setting start at anything over 40 g/s, extending C would mean the D range would be shorten and start at 70 g/s. I think...:lol:

Oh wow, thank you all for the responses. Unfortunately I don't understand much of what was said. I'm going to do some reading on the subject. Do you think it would be beneficial to purchase a pro-tune and scrap this map?

No, just get the WGDC delay fixed. And members here can help you edit the rom (MickeyD) :lol:

I think he meant extend D to 70 to take it out of the equation or leave it at the stock 40.??

Yes, this is what I meant.

However, I wouldn't do it. Just pointing out what some people have done. I know some people have disabled AFR Learning D in this way.

There's really no reason to disable it. Just tune it properly.

Oh... those really are .pdf's. Usually they are .csv files renamed to .pdf for forum posting.

Odd that your LC-1 is reporting some zero's... maybe a function of logging that many parameters?

I don't think there is any good reason to drive to 7krpms. I don't think there is much power there (with VF40). Even when I drag race I aim to shift around 6200rpms at most (ok a little more in first).

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I'm googling just about everything that was said and trying to learn about it more. My tuner was kind enough to send me a new map (I previously thought he was no longer doing maps, but maybe he made an exception since there is knock). So once I am able to log that I will post that also for reference.

Thank you again I am learning a lot!

Archived