LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT tranny

atcvader

I just recently purchased a new(used) manual transmission for my Wagon and the mechanic is having problems with the clutch not disengaging. It could be the following:

1. The custom flywheel might not be the same thickness as the stock.

2. The transmission bolts on perfectly, but he said it might not be the proper tranny.

3. He already adjusted the clutch pedal and it still isn't working.

Any ideas what the ultimate problem could be.

1. Maybe the place that I bought it from wasn't sure if the 05 tranny could mate with other year legacy's. But why would the mechanic say it bolts on perfectly?

Looks like the right flywheel thickness, but it is hard to tell from photos, can you measure it's thickness?

Also, you can adjust the pedal to help compensate and maybe solve your issue. The adjuster is above the gas pedal.

Thanks rony, they did the adjustment thing, but it still didn't work. They told me today that it is the wrong transmission casing. The shaft input is too long and it's grinding w/ the disk. Apparently the 2005 models have a late year transmission and a ealier year transmission. Doesn't really make sense...

Another mechanic said that I can not upgrade to a performance clutch. That doesn't make sense either, cuz I know there is people using ACT clutches.

Archived