LegacyGT.com

Spare Parts for a State II Install? What and where to buy?

jeguzik

I cannot find the part numbers or what bolts / studs / nuts to have on hand in the event I snap a bolt. After reading a lot of posts, I am nervous I will get started and if something goes wrong be SOL. So I wanted to ask if I should get some spares to keep on hand and if so, which are my most likely culprits, what part numbers and where to buy. I am installing next Sat. so I would like to get this soon. Please help?

Thanks,

J :confused:

go to the dealership and tell them what you want, they will print out an exploded diagram to which you can point out the parts you need. it will look similar to this

http://www.harglo-performance.com/S5-gs%20exploded.jpg

I think the only bolt that gave me trouble was one on the cross pipe to manifold. Soaking every bolt and nut on bolt sides with PB Blaster will save you allot of trouble. Hope you have a breaker bar.

go to the dealership and tell them what you want, they will print out an exploded diagram to which you can point out the parts you need. it will look similar to this

http://www.harglo-performance.com/S5-gs%20exploded.jpg

I think the only bolt that gave me trouble was one on the cross pipe to manifold. Soaking every bolt and nut on bolt sides with PB Blaster will save you allot of trouble. Hope you have a breaker bar.

Unless you MUST take the cross pipe/manifold assy apart, like when keeping the stock manifolds and installing an aftermarket cross pipe, you will have a much easier time by removing the entire exhaust manifold assembly as one piece. Doing it this way eliminates many problems.

The one caveat, use new gaskets at the block and OBSERVE TORQUE SPECS when bolting the manifolds back onto the aluminum block.

Archived