LegacyGT.com

New '08 Spec B or Almost New '07 335CI

Im guess that the 335 already has runflat tires on it. Should you get it, my best advice to you is to replace them wtih regular tires. Runflats wear out way too early, are noisy, and affect handling. I told my dad that he was a major sucker for spending the extra money to get new runflats on his 330xi.

Those sentiments are ones, that people usually end up regretting...

You know, i finished writing that sentence and knew yours would be coming back to me.

Thanks for the tip about the run flats. I don't plan to take the car to a warzone so danger of an ambush or really needing run flat tires.

You know, i finished writing that sentence and knew yours would be coming back to me.

Well, most sane people will tell you to stay away from "dealer" cars. No matter how much they claimed they took care of it, your relying on dealer sales person to be honest about a used car.

That's dangerous terriotory IMO. Especially, if you've had no prior dealings with that person or dealership before.

Well, most sane people will tell you to stay away from "dealer" cars. No matter how much they claimed they took care of it, your relying on dealer sales person to be honest about a used car.

That's dangerous terriotory IMO. Especially, if you've had no prior dealings with that person or dealership before.

I totally understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, being in europe the pool of vehicles (since I want to have a US spec) I can choose from is very limited. I actually have to travel to another country to view/test drive the vehicle. The dealership is well known and I know several people who bought vehicles from there. They haven't had any issues.

I can't help you much on verifying if the used car in question is good or not. Take it to a 3rd party expert on BMWs and have them check it out. Request to see maintenance and recall records etc.

Buying any a car (new or used) is a risk but buying used definitely throws in a bunch of other variables. Are you really saving that much money over a new 335ci?

In North America the warranty is much better on BMW and we get free maintenance for 4 years. I don't know if I like the idea of 2 year warranty(a bit over 1 year, in your case) on a BMW. I hope your getting a heck of deal....

The warranty in the states is awesome compared to the european one. But that is something we really can't change.

A new 2008 335CI is about 7 grand more (using the MSRP) or 4 grand (here with special rates) than the similarly equipped used BMW I'm looking at. I could make the payments, but I would be stretched kind of thin.. Ten grand more than what I was willing to spend on a car right now at least.

Then dont get it, i was stretched thin a couple years back, i found myself money less after paying my bills and it sucks alot. And if you have never been streched thin before your gonna hate it even more. Whats the fun of haveing either of these cars if you always watch your gas guage. Its the boost guage and tach you wanna be looking at.

Archived