LegacyGT.com

About to pull Trigger on Coilovers: Need help.

Golf4283

So I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of coilovers cause I just can't resist the mod bug and with a 3.0R there aren't many engine options out there yet. I am undecided between BC racing coilvoers and the Megans. I know the RCE and KW's are nicer but they are at a price too so I'm just unsure as to what is the best.

Any recommendations on what I should go with. Either set will cost around $1k or should I wait and save up for something else. Thanks.

Well it depends on what you are looking for? I have the Kw V.2 for about a year now and they soak up bumps and ride like a BMW. Firm but, not harsh at all very smooth. They really keep the car under control. I will post a picture of how low it will make your car when I get home. I'm posting on my phone. ;)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If your local roads have a lot of potholes I would recommend against the MR/BCs. My experience is that they just don't have enough travel for big holes, even though that statement is not in my best interest. :) I've have both MR and BCs for sale (both <$1k) if you have smooth roads and want to save a few bucks.
Kyle "BlackHole"

Well it depends on what you are looking for? I have the Kw V.2 for about a year now and they soak up bumps and ride like a BMW. Firm but, not harsh at all very smooth. They really keep the car under control. I will post a picture of how low it will make your car when I get home. I'm posting on my phone. ;)

I have had the KW2s for over a year.

Close to as nice as a ride as an M3, definitely harder riding then a regular BMW.

If your local roads have a lot of potholes I would recommend against the MR/BCs. My experience is that they just don't have enough travel for big holes, even though that statement is not in my best interest. :) I've have both MR and BCs for sale (both <$1k) if you have smooth roads and want to save a few bucks.

For what it is worth, I have BC coilovers (non inverted) and they are IMO fine for NJ/NY roads. But based on what I have read, the BC inverted coilovers ride a little harsher than the non inverted.

Here is my review : http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65103

Archived