LegacyGT.com

intakes for 08 lgt

GULLABLE0NE

i need some advice on intakes for my 08 LGT. originally i was just gonna put a drop-in k&n filter but now i'm thinking i should just get a CAI or SRI. i poked around and only found like 2 cold airs, 2 shrot rams, and 2 drop ins. i know i'll get slight gains from the CAI, slightly less with the SRI and even less with the drop-in. i wanna know what you guys are running? any driving differences, if any? and the type of sound from the intakes? also will you hear any difference with a drop-in?

Rule of thumb is that the drop in for our cars is about equal in gain to the CAI, which is still not much. It helps more if you are stage 2 or 3.

Just go with the drop in for now.

The CAI pickup too much hot air under the hood, but they do allow for a lot of turbo sound. If you go with one of those I would recommend one with a good heat shield or intake box. COBB has one that utilizes the factory snorkel to bring in some cold air. I modified a COBB SF intake box to fit my AVO intake but it was a PITA. i hope this helps.

Just run a panel filter like the AVO or Perrin until you do some major work.

Unless you get the car tuned for the CAI it will run lean. This obviously could cause you major issues.

Just my $0.02.

well i was leaning towards the drop-in because i don't have the patience to install an actual intake. i saw hat there is also a perrin drop-in. any difference between the perrin and the avo? (quality, cost, etc.) also are these drop-ins able to be cleaned and reused like the k&n?

go with whatever one is cheaper. ;)

And really, as everyone has pointed out, don't go with an intake unless you are either tuned for it or have a larger turbo. No gains at all, just loud noise and making your car lean.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

All quite similar with minor differences.

I was running a Perrin before. No issues at all.

Think that the Perrin is a little less expensive. Think the AVO is slightly higher quality. In all honesty they are both a good product.

well i was leaning towards the drop-in because i don't have the patience to install an actual intake. i saw hat there is also a perrin drop-in. any difference between the perrin and the avo? (quality, cost, etc.) also are these drop-ins able to be cleaned and reused like the k&n?

An intake takes like 30 min to install, max.

No doubt the car will run margnailly leaner then without an intake. and so will 99% of other cars on the market that people put Aftermakret intakes on. Many poeple have been runnign intakes on the legacys for many miles, problem free. I know there will be a big reaction to this, but lots of people run them, with no tune, aad get many problem free miles with them....

Just take that into consideration....of course it will run lean..all stock cars with a larger inlet intake will...

Just take that into consideration....of course it will run lean..all stock cars with a larger inlet intake will...

No, all MAF based cars run the risk of running lean. The problem is you don't know how lean you could be running without a wideband.

I like my green filter...U can hear the stock BOV (when im close to a building lol even though im an auto) Better throttle response and i'm not sure about gas milage cause ive been on it...I have yet todo the intake silancer delate and not sure i will..

Archived