LegacyGT.com

MR Coilover Clunk Any suggestions

Scooby2.5

Well put the new cartridges on my car on november 10th, it is riding great.

Went under to pull control arms off for new bushings and this is what I see.

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/42278/2593996780074087040S600x600Q85.jpg

I called megan about it talked to cyrus and he said it was normal. Sometimes they put too much assembly grease in the cartridge and it seeps out.

I do not personally see how this is possible as the threaded body of the cartridge doesnt seem to have a way for the grease to escape.

He told me to keep an eye on it and if I have any more problems they will send me new ones again.

He also stated that they are redesigning these to make them non inverted because they are having so many issues.

He said that the inverted design was never meant to be daily driven.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Positive camber on the outback is normal for factory outback. See my thread on the AVO control arm bushings.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101013

So how come you went from really low with the 18's to now high?

As far as mine is, it is going fine. Just put the AVO offset bushings in this weekend and new alignment with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires, stock size. Car rides great.

Only concern is the grease showing up, but they claim it is normal.

Actually the car had 19's on it! Loved the look, the ride, not so much. Great during the summer. The car handled so much nicer on the ground than up high all spongy. Now it's winter, LA winter but winter is winter. My daughter and I will be going to the snow as much as possible to snowboard...so the tires and raising it is a good idea. last year we didn't raise it and it still did well but I'm planning on heading up much more this winter. Anyhow, I'll check the AVO bushing thread. gonna check the setting and air pressure this weekend and try and dial it all in!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Well had the issue AGAIN in about 6 months. Call to get replacement cartridges and guess what they wouldnt warranty them again. Said I was past the original manf. warranty. Even though all I want is replacement cartridges that have never lasted more than 6 months.

So I purchased new ones from cyrus at megan, 90 a piece. replaced them today and guess what problem solved AGAIN.

I asked about the warranty on the new cartridges....1 year.

So they warranty out my initial set, they fail in 6 months and they are not covered. Then I purchase new cartridges and they are warrantied for 1 year.

Go figure.

They keep telling me they are having problems with the inverted fronts on the outback and may redesign them. We shall see....

bilstein my friend. I know it's a rediculous amount of money but they will last until you get rid of the car I'd imagine.

Mine seem to be working but I did notice some grease on the bottom the other day while under the car...think I'm loosing another wheel bearing too.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

^Yes, just order new inserts and dont run them at full hard or close to full hard for daily driving.

I went over 2 years with the rears but the front inverted ones failed on me in 6 months or so.

The last set of fronts I put on I ran them more in the middle and they have been fine.

Call megan racing and ask for Alex. He can get the inserts for you.

Archived