LegacyGT.com

Carbotech help? XP10 or 1521?

RobY

There Seems to have been a mishap in the packaging of my new carbotech brake pads.

The rear pads have a box marked 1521 (Bobcats) and the Insert that tells you how to break it in says 1521 (Bobcats).

Heres the problem...

The Front Pads however has the box marked XP10 but the insert that tells you how to break it in says 1521 (Bobcats)

The Invoice marks both the front and rear pads as 1521 (Bobcats). Which is what I ordered.

Should I trust the box or trust the insert? I called carbotech and the young lady told me that they would call back as soon as a tech was available.

Is there any way to tell the diffrence? The pad back plate is red, they are installed on my car now and dont squeal nearly as much as the Hawk HP+ I took off.

^Thanks again! UPS truck came yesterday ran outside set up my tools, went to work on the brakes. Test drove it yesterday. Absolutely silent. Commuted to work today with heavy stop and go traffic both ways. Absolutely silent!

The funny thing is I don't remember the carbotechs offering so much initial bite. It was only a little bit less than the HP+ I took off the car and it seemed much better than my 2 year old carbotechs that were taken off 3 weeks ago. Did they modify the compound? I seem to be liking these new ones much better.

No tracking but I never turned the rotors when switching from stock pads to my first set of bobcats. I do remember on my first set of bobcats, that until I broke them in they felt like glass on ice.

The only thing I did differently this time was omit the shims and my rotors were significantly "cleaner" than my previous bobcat swap. I didn't turn them but cleaned them up a bit. It seemed like these bobcats bit right away and got even better after break-in.

It might have been some weird combo of deposits from stock pads and Bobcats not laying down a proper transfer layer. The HP+ might have cleaned up the rotor surface for you? That's the only thing I can think of since the compound did not change :)

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Good... Not as good as the HP+ but damn good. It feels great after a few stops. Modulates tons better than the HP+ pads which just like to lock up the wheels.

Sometimes its a bit slippery when the rotors are dead cold with rust deposits on them in the morn after it rains...

Archived