LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP and SI Drive

Hey all, Could not find any info on what affect a Cobb ECU map would have on the way that the SI drive in my 08 spec b functions.

Once a map is downloaded does the map override the SI drive and render it useless? Or does the SI drive have to be in S# in order to use the downloaded map?

I have my AP on the way and am curious about the relationship between the two. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

I would go a bit further and say no real impact on any of the I/S/S# settings. However, it pulls harder in all gears with the AP.

It's been rumored that somewhere down the road, there will be enhanced functionality with the settings. Don't hold your breath...

OK, I'm confused now.

I guess the way I had envisioned it is the SI drive has 3 "maps" which are S#, S, and I.

I assumed the Cobb map would overwrite one or all of the SI maps, but you are saying this is not the case?

You guys are saying that the SI drive is now making on the fly modifications to the Cobb map now?

Please clarify.

There is no effect on SI-drive whatsoever with Cobb's maps.

So does this mean that Cobb's maps don't touch any of the parameters that SI-drive adjusts? As a corollary, is it possible that other maps DO touch those parameters and ARE affected by SI drive?

Knowing what little I know about how ECUs and calibrations traditionally work, I find it hard to believe that the AP has no effect on SI drive whatsoever. Then again, I have no idea about how SI drive does actually work either...

This has been covered many many many times.SI controls throttle open % and speed.You will notice a diff in all settings when gunning it.Not more power for Stg1 ,just the RPM in which it does.

This has been covered many many many times.SI controls throttle open % and speed.You will notice a diff in all settings when gunning it.Not more power for Stg1 ,just the RPM in which it does.

Correct. The SI drive really only controls the electronic throttle response.

Archived