LegacyGT.com

SIA Plant Tour is Back (no, REALLY!)

Which Date would you like to attend the SIA Plant Tour in Lafayette, IN?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which Date would you like to attend the SIA Plant Tour in Lafayette, IN?

• Friday, March 4, 2005
    • Friday, March 18, 2005

So.... a few questions....

1.) My wife and I will be getting in the evening of the 3rd and getting a hotel room. Is everyone booking in the same hotel, or are we just doing our own thing?

2.) For the 4th.... would you all like to get together early (~7 AM) to have breakfast together as kind of a meet and greet? I thought it might be nice. S.R. 26 is one exit north of the plant and has numerous restaurants available.

3.) I understand that the tour will begin at 9 AM at the plant. Has the meeting location been firmed up yet? If we do #2 above, I thought it would be nice for us to all caravan the cars over to the plant...

Let me know!

Steve

Sounds like a great plan. I will be coming up on the 3rd as well. Breakfast sounds nice, and the caravan as well. I am pretty certain that we will start off in the training facility, but I'll let everyone know for sure soon.

Let me know what you think about hotels, and I'll stay at the same one, for sure. We just need to get them booked pretty quickly.

It would be nice to get a hotel that has a lounge of some sort so everyone can unwind a bit Thursday night.

Rob

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the hotels that are right off I-65 don't have any lounge area's, but there are several restauraunts nearby.

Another alternative ..... there is a really nice hotel in W. Lafayette (right over the river, near Purdue University) with a good size lounge/bar in the lobby. The parking is very secure and it is a brand new hotel. Plus... there are several bars right next door (it is near a campus, after all). My wife and I stayed there about 2 months ago on a weekend trip.

The address is :

Hilton Garden Inn

356 E State St

West Lafayette, IN 47906

USA

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=LAFWLGI

Rates are around $110, but it is a very nice hotel. If you can give me a count of rooms, I'll even check with them about a group discount.

The only downside to this hotel is that is it a few minutes (~10) off the Interstate.

Does this sound do-able?

Praedet, you following me out on Thursday night? ;) I am going over from Columbus, OH....

I will be up for following you mccory, but since I still don't have my LGT, I can't promise I will keep up. (I will hold my own though...) I am cool with whatever hotel. Since I will be on my own, I am good with sharing a room for better costs...
:spin:

Since I will be on my own, I am good with sharing a room for better costs...

I'm fine with it... but my wife won't agree! :D She is coming out with me.

I didn't realize you didn't have you LGT yet....

So...how many people do we have on the 4th? How many are planning on coming in Thursday night and will need lodging?

All of the hotels that are right off I-65 don't have any lounge area's, but there are several restauraunts nearby.

Another alternative ..... there is a really nice hotel in W. Lafayette (right over the river, near Purdue University) with a good size lounge/bar in the lobby. The parking is very secure and it is a brand new hotel. Plus... there are several bars right next door (it is near a campus, after all). My wife and I stayed there about 2 months ago on a weekend trip.

The address is :

Hilton Garden Inn

356 E State St

West Lafayette, IN 47906

USA

http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=LAFWLGI

Rates are around $110, but it is a very nice hotel. If you can give me a count of rooms, I'll even check with them about a group discount.

The only downside to this hotel is that is it a few minutes (~10) off the Interstate.

Does this sound do-able?

Praedet, you following me out on Thursday night? ;) I am going over from Columbus, OH....

Sounds high, but fun. count me in

Hey Rob....mb I should start another tread for you and I to try and get the March 4th group organized, as it seems only you, I, and Praedet are looking at this one.

Please do. Also, I still do not have anywhere NEAR the names that voted in the poll to go. I would hope others will attend? If not, then there would be no sense at all going on the 18th

tanx

Rob

Please do. Also, I still do not have anywhere NEAR the names that voted in the poll to go. I would hope others will attend? If not, then there would be no sense at all going on the 18th

tanx

Rob

Im still looking into details of work. When do you need a conformation?

Im still looking into details of work. When do you need a conformation?

There is really no deadline. I think the security sheet that that I have to fax it in 48 hours prior to the tour, but I think a week would be best. I would like to have all signed up by, say the week of the 21st of this month

Rob

I'm not attending, but here's an idea...

Does the plant have a corporate account at any of the nearby hotels, and would the SIA contact person be willing to allow any attendees to use a company discount code since y'all could be considered "guests" of, or doing "business" with, Subaru?

Just a thought to maybe get access to discounted room rates.

Rob,

First thing thanks for aranging this tour. I really apreciate all your hard work on this. I sent you a PM so you can add my name to the list. Is the tour going to be on the 4th or the 18th or on both dates? I'm a bit confused on that.

Chuck :D

Rob,

First thing thanks for aranging this tour. I really apreciate all your hard work on this. I sent you a PM so you can add my name to the list. Is the tour going to be on the 4th or the 18th or on both dates? I'm a bit confused on that.

Chuck :D

I got your PM and you are both down for the 18th. I posted this message just to let everyone know that right now, I have 8 (counting myself) for 3/4, and only 4 for 3/18

Also, you asked about cameras, and they will not be allowed in the plant. In fact, if they are like Honda, they will check your cell phones for cameras as well.

thanks!

Rob

Also, you asked about cameras, and they will not be allowed in the plant. In fact, if they are like Honda, they will check your cell phones for cameras as well.

thanks!

Rob

That's what I thought. Oh well, better get started training my photgraphic memory. :D

Chuck

Just a post for everybody who voted for the 18th to let Rob know if you are still planning on going or not. I know I won't be able to go on the 4th, but if we don't have enough people for the 18th, I'm sure those who signed up for that date would like to have an idea if it's gonna be cancelled so other arrangements could be made.

Well if the majority is planning on the 4th, I think I might try and switch for that date. :) Gotta ask if I can have off for that, though I don't forsee an issue. :)

I'd probably come down that evening after work (it's about a 4.5hr drive from where I work to LaFayette.) Ted, if you want a roommate to split the cost, I may be your guy. About $55/night sure doesn't sound too bad. :) Don't know exactly what time I will be getting in for sure at this point, depends when I am able to leave work, latest being about 11pm, earliest about 7pm. Doh, add an hour to that, that's in EST.

• 15 years later...