LegacyGT.com

End of air?

goneskiian

PAX is already coming to market, in the next Honda Odyssey on sale soon. TWEEL is the PAX technology taken a few generations out. Michelin is supposedly licensing PAX out to all the major manufacturers, so good stuff to come.

Awesome technology, the possibilities are really awesome for this new system. It got me very excited to see these tires start coming out for sale.

Song of Post- Pink Floyd- Another Brick In The Wall (Full Version)

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Pros: can tune lateral stiffness differently than virtical stiffness & radial stiffness.

No air to leak

Could have channels for water to travel through the tread rather than just to the side.

Cons: Can't choose the rim separate from the tire

Would be horible in snow when snow gets packed in openings

would be horible in mud when mud gets packed in openings

Car would sink faster in water without air in tires for flotation

• 7 months later...

Ahh, it's just different. If this becomes the tire of the future (without a sidewall), you won't think twice about it 2 years in. You'll look back at those old "balloon" tires and wonder how you used to drive on those.

Lack of sidewall for advertising is an interesting point...

Firedawgs - I don't know if it was in this article, but in another one I read it was said that lateral stiffness would be fantastic since the buttresses run from one side to the other. I spite of that, the ride can still be tuned to be soft by engineering the way the buttresses collapse. Very interesting.

Archived