LegacyGT.com

Airbag light on

NSFW

I relocated my info panel the other day, and my airbag light is on. Apparently I bumped something I shouldn't have...

Is this something that only the dealer can reset, or is it worth pulling the radio and shifter trim and double-checking all of the connections?

Thanks!

Is the info panel plugged in properly, i.e. does it light up? My panel did not cause a warning light when unplugged because I have an 06 and the warning light is not part of the panel. I'm assuming you drive an 05. F1anatic had the same problem when he was driving around with his panel unplugged for a few days. My guess is the plug on the back of the panel isn't seated properly.
ignore him, he'll go away.

On the info panel, the "passenger air bag" light is lit, but neither "off" nor "on" is lit.

I'm going to have a look at all of the connections Monday and see if something is amiss.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it possible that my AVO relocation kit is causing my MPG to be incorrect? I just installed AP. Is it possilbe that my mileage REALLY has gone down?

Is it possible that my AVO relocation kit is causing my MPG to be incorrect? I just installed AP. Is it possilbe that my mileage REALLY has gone down?
no, either the display is plugged in and working or nothing at all.

I tested my mileage various times versus the display and it was consitently .5 mpg worse than what the display calculated before the AP. I am going to have to manually calculate the mileage on the next tank of gas and compare that. I can also use my COBB AP2 to see what it tells me for mileage and I can also change maps to Economy mode and see if the reading changes. Thanks for the input...

Did you use the AVO relocation kit to do this? If so, that kit is missing two wires needed to run to the airbag light. (See here for reference if that's what the problem is: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76832)

Yep that is what it is. I had the same issue. It has to do with the fact that USDM GT have the weight sensor in the passenger seat and the JDM models do not. Thats what the extra 2 wires are for.

Yep that is what it is. I had the same issue. It has to do with the fact that USDM GT have the weight sensor in the passenger seat and the JDM models do not. Thats what the extra 2 wires are for.

I thought it was for the passenger seat sensor indicator light, built into the info panel on 05's thus requiring more wires, and separate on the 06 which can use the included harness.

Archived