LegacyGT.com

pics from limerock park in ct

on a side note i was talking with the subaru mechanic at the race. the car is completely stock engine and exhaust wise. because of the awd system they are not allowed to use intake or exhaust work. it is also using the stock brake setup. from what he told me they have an ecutek tune and suspension work. thats all. the other manufactureres are allowed to do more.

stock engine just some sort of gold heat insulator(almost like tinfoil). they pretty much heat coated the entire exhaust, heat coated the left side of the intercooler and ran brake cooling tubes from the fog lights to the rotors. he was telling me they are only running around 13 pounds of boost and there tmic still blows on them

Man, I really wanted to go to this... My girlfriend lives in CT and I was going to drive up in June, BUT the idiots sent out a corrected email ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT! I could have gone this weekend if they had sent it right the first time...

Original Email:

After winning two rounds last year in the Grand-Am Koni Challenge, the Subaru Road Racing Team (SRRT) eagerly moves on to Round 2 of the series, which will be held at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT, and scheduled for June 21-22, 2008. The two-car outfit runs identically prepared 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B sedans.

and then on Friday (at 5:51 pm!!):

OUR APOLOGIES!

Last week, Subaru sent an e-mail stating Round 2 of the Grand-Am Koni Challenge in Lime Rock Park was being held on June 21-22, 2008 when in fact, the correct dates for the event are May 23-24, 2008. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we hope to see you there, cheering on the Subaru Road Racing Team!

My curt response:

You send a correction on the day of the event? Responsible.

I had travel plans for attending in June... thanks!

Was it fun??? Worth going to again?

Man, I really wanted to go to this... My girlfriend lives in CT and I was going to drive up in June, BUT the idiots sent out a corrected email ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT! I could have gone this weekend if they had sent it right the first time...

Original Email:

After winning two rounds last year in the Grand-Am Koni Challenge, the Subaru Road Racing Team (SRRT) eagerly moves on to Round 2 of the series, which will be held at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT, and scheduled for June 21-22, 2008. The two-car outfit runs identically prepared 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B sedans.

and then on Friday (at 5:51 pm!!):

OUR APOLOGIES!

Last week, Subaru sent an e-mail stating Round 2 of the Grand-Am Koni Challenge in Lime Rock Park was being held on June 21-22, 2008 when in fact, the correct dates for the event are May 23-24, 2008. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused and we hope to see you there, cheering on the Subaru Road Racing Team!

My curt response:

You send a correction on the day of the event? Responsible.

I had travel plans for attending in June... thanks!

Was it fun??? Worth going to again?

i went online and did some research and found out that they were wrong about 2 days before they sent out the correct email. my g/f was actually the first one to find out. she was gonna order tickets for my birthday and called me to tell me that nothing was going on for that date in june.

i went online and did some research and found out that they were wrong about 2 days before they sent out the correct email. my g/f was actually the first one to find out. she was gonna order tickets for my birthday and called me to tell me that nothing was going on for that date in june.

And you didn't start a thread?? :spin:BAN!!

Archived