LegacyGT.com

New Car Warranty: 15,000 Miles Maintenance Service

I just scheduled my 15,000 Mile Maintenance Service appointment and I was told that it would be $189. I thought it would be covered since its under the warranty. All they're doing is changing my oil, alignment/balancing tires, cleaning my breaks and dusting the calipers. Is that right?

Regular maintenance is never covered, unless you've purchased the Maintenance Warranty.

Manual says: change oil and filter, inspect (doesn't say anything about cleaning) pads, rotors, boots. Inspect brake lines, check parking brake, and "service" brake system <-Whatever that means....(I've never seen a dealer "clean" brakes all on their own)

Also inspect clutch, inspect steering and suspension, rotate and inspect tires. It doesn't say anything about re-balancing the tires either, at least not in the manual

So its up to you to judge what its actually worth......... without a lift it takes me about 1.5 hours to do that on my OBW. Most of the time is spent rotating the tires. Granted I've got an automatic so there's no clutch to inspect. I expect you young guys with healty backs can shave some time off that....

Maintenance is a responsibility of the owner and you are expected to maintain your vehicle for warranty coverage of those components. You could have purchase a prepaid maintenance plan through your dealer, but you probably told them no, when they offered it to you.

For the 15,000 mile service is basically

Oil change

Rotate tires

Adjust Emergency Brake

Inspections

It is a great idea to have an alignment performed every 15,000 miles though.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived