LegacyGT.com

Hey guys, just wanted some feedback on this. I received this email from COSMO Racing after I complained about a C.A.I. I ordered not fitting my 06 2.5i Legacy:

"Hi Paul,

Thanks for your great communication and clear photos. Unfortunately you have got the newer intake Legacy model and the intake kit you received cannot be fitted on it. However, we might be able to custom working one adapter for you to fit the air mass meter and the intake you received.

1.Please see the photo attached we need the bolt to bolt measurement to work on the meter housing.

2. Also we need you to measure the inside diameter of the air mass meter housing (see photo attached) with these info we can work on an adapter for your model!

Let us know if you are ok with it and we will give you much attention! Please no worry we will be sure to take care of it and if no good you can always return it without problem!"

Anyone have this issue before? Also, if I have this done, what should be done to adjust for the colder air coming into the engine?

Thanks

100_59241.thumb.jpg.edb3bd402a46ef6ab56fe096ded5e357.jpg

100_59261.thumb.jpg.694657ec0e5e1ee73333563d1b421c4d.jpg

do u have the pzev motor? or the regular na motor?

it may have something to do with that since there are many users here w/ the pzev motor that retorted to custom fabs to get a cai done.

What do you mean by pzev? I do not have turbo, its N/A. I wish I could find some of those users that needed customized parts for a c.a.i.

How can you tell? I bought this car used, so I never really looked that deep into it.

well you bought the car used.... so you may not necessarily know.

wats the engine code you got? EJ25_ ? whats the digit you got after the "5"?

and while those states and possibly neighboring states are required to sell the pzev motor, other dealerships at their discretion may opt to sell the pzev instead of the regular ulev counterparts.

but regardless... good luck w/ the cai.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Eh Im sending this kit back, I would rather not have my MAF sensor go nuts on me because of the adapter they want to make for it. I am just going to get a drop-in filter. I think I will go after suspension mods instead.

Archived