LegacyGT.com

Actually, the factory service manual refers to the downpipe as the 'Center Exhaust Pipe'. There's actually a 'Front' (section with the first cat) and 'Rear' (section with the second cat) portions to the 'Center' portion.

There's no reference to it as a downpipe in the manuals at all.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

heard it called a dump pipe before

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I've searched online OEM catalogs (subarugenuineparts.com and The King of Parts/Fred Beans) and neither list Up Pipes or Down Pipes.

For some reason these are only terms used in the after market.

:confused:

When i walked into my dealer to ask for gaskets so i could gut my dp, they just said hold on 1 minute went in the back room came out and said the total was 34 and some change. A dealer should know what the term downpipe means.

A dealer should know what the term downpipe means.

Only if that particular employee is into modding cars and aftermarket parts. If they're 'by the book' they're only going to know the official or actual name of the part.

ie, There is no 'Blow Off Valve' in an LGT, there's an 'Air By-pass Valve'.

And no offense, but just because someone doesn't know the 'slang' of various aftermarket parts doesn't mean they're not extremely qualified to work on your car. Not every mechanic goes home and works on the kind of car they work on at their jobs, or even on cars at all.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I consider a good mechanic to be soemone who has devoted there lives to working on cars, thats the guy i want to work on mine. I have built quite a few cars and im not even a certified mechanic, i would atleast want the person working on my car to know more about cars than me. and i dont know where your from but here at the subaru/mitsubishi dealer you can buy aftermarket parts and have them installed by the dealer, such as downpipes and blow off valves and boost gauges.

Archived