LegacyGT.com

New ford fusion

I want to start by saying I will not own a Ford product, but:

The next gen fusion is going to have a turbo 3.6 v6 w/ over 300hp connected to their awd. Not sure of pricing but is sounds interesting...

Same w/their Lincoln counterpart and the Mustang.

Ford is a much better company that they were ten years ago. They've gotten on board with 6 speed autos and even offer more MTs than they used to. They've got a solid 3.5L and supposedly a great 2.5L in the works as well. They just need to dump their 3.0L as the 3.5L has more power and is more efficient.

Don't expect any changes in today's, base 4.0-liter V-6 offering, as its prime purpose is motivating low-end and rental-fleet Mustangs.

This is dumb. The 4.0L puts out minimal power and with poor efficieny. Hell, my LGT could beat an Auto one, maybe not a MT. Again, Ford should put the 3.5L in there, which I had thought that they were going to.

Ford may change the engine with the high gas prices. A 3.6L turbo engine in a heavier AWD car like a Lincoln will get terrible gas mileage. Cars that get less than 20 mpg city will be a hard sell in the future.

Ford may change the engine with the high gas prices. A 3.6L turbo engine in a heavier AWD car like a Lincoln will get terrible gas mileage. Cars that get less than 20 mpg city will be a hard sell in the future.

You do have a point. Will people want a high powered Fusion? Or would replacing the current 3.0L Fusion with the 3.5L be enough?

However, it may have an advantage being direct injected and all

For example:

ES350/Camry V6: 3.5L 268 HP, 19/28 MPG

GS350: Direct injected 3.5L 303 HP 19/28 MPG

We've had good luck with Fords. Our truck was sold running perfectly at 165K. A co-worker has had two Explorers, also sold running well with 326,000 and 200,000 miles, respectively. He owned a 98 Outback and had more problems with it than the Explorers.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I was reading up on subarus and reliability and i cant remember what test it was but soem magazine was doin and endurance test and at 66kmiles LGT they were testing broke. I have owned ford and gm SUVs and small trucks with over 150kmiels on them and still running like champs, hell my dads 97 1500 z71 was put through hell and back as we towed boats and campers atleast 10 times a summer for 3-5 hours drives, we used it for hunting which meant it was offroading often and we sold it with 168kmiles, the only thing to go was the rear diff@ 140kmiles. The times of american made vehicles being unreliable are and have been over. The 3.8liter gm engine was named the most reliable engine a couple years in a row, people who think ford and GM and think unrelibalbe are just plain dumb

My parents had a 1993 Buick Regal Gransport with that 3.8 liter engine. It had over 200K miles before my sister ran it into the ground from not taking good care of it.

Ford and GM make great engines, its just the North American styling that generally bothers me. If they would bring over their Aussie and European models, now that would be a different story.

somewhat, it has a different rear bumper, front bumper, ground effects, spolier and the headlights are assmebled differently, and rims not to mention 16 more valves, a 6 speed, and a supercharger lol

I posted elsewhere that my brother has a choice of a Mariner or Escape for a company car. I suggester Mariner, but if I had to pick a Ford product for myself I think I would have to go with the Milan. It is classy looking and the guages are pretty neat if I thinking of the right Mercury.

Archived