LegacyGT.com

Radical Solution to Seatbelt Buzzer

F me, after 20 previous tries read'n the awesome short summary thread, and the long ars one...I go home after read'n this one, first try........POW GONE........no more Ding....sweet...Done in about 17 seconds....

NOTE: I went all the way back to where you pull the key out, then started.....no more seatbelt guy on the dash or ding LOVE IT......

The circuit board box w/ the buzzer in it is directly under the steering wheel column. You have to remove two cover panels to get to it. The first is the panel that covers the upper part of the driver footwell. The second is the plastic cover in front of your knees as you drive.

Just for sake of good order...

as mentioned the service dept. reset my bell...

I followed my directions EXACTLY ONCE... it worked fine.

Turned the car off... turned it to full on power w/o triggering the starter

buckled/unbuckled the seatbelt 20 times.

turned the car to FULL OFF (the position that allows you to pull out the key)

then started the car... it worked fine.

A bit radical - but I like this mod. I'm a religious seat belt wearer that hates the chime. I've successfully used the disable incantation 3 times but the chime keeps coming back (and the battery's never been disconnected). The first time I did it the chime stayed away for a couple of months. The second time only a few weeks. I do think there's something to the theory that cold weather degrades the chip's memory.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'm ready to start burning out selective parts of the circuitry, but I am ready to get radical on that damn buzzer if it comes on again.

Wire cutters at the ready...

Archived