LegacyGT.com

Another Subaru Survey

I guess I am vocal enough they ask for my feedback...again:lol:

They again asked me how much I would pay for an H/K premium stereo, 8 way power seat w/power lombar, bluetooth, and GPS. Something new was....a back up video camera:lol:.

A back up video camera would be useful in a big SUV but not in a legacy...

They had me compare two different models and what I would pay...

standard options were 5 speed auto, VDC, single disc CD, 16" wheels, power locks, etc...I said it was worth 21K...figuring a dealer would sell it for just under 19K

The optioned car came with with leather wrapped wheel/knob, H/K stereo, 6 disc changer, bluetooth, steering wheel controls...I said it was worth 24K figuring you could get it for about 21K

Neither offered the turbo, 17" wheels, auto climate control, heated seats, or sunroof. All options that are a must for me.

They asked an open ended question of what option package would you like to see offered on the Legacy...I said a STi Performance package like the Impreza gets and in a wagon form.

I got this survey as well. I priced them similar to what you chose.

I don't know why they would make a standard feature, such as the sunroof into an option. Usually it is the other way around through generations. Also, having 16" wheels rather than 17", which currently come standard on the base model would be a strange change. It could be worse though...they could go back to "wheel covers" like the Impreza.

I got the same one, and priced them around the same. I too said something along the lines of them needing a LSTi so that when the Wrx Sti grow older they have something to buy instead of a 3 series.

Guest heightsgtltd
I got this survey as well. I priced them similar to what you chose.

I don't know why they would make a standard feature, such as the sunroof into an option. Usually it is the other way around through generations. Also, having 16" wheels rather than 17", which currently come standard on the base model would be a strange change. It could be worse though...they could go back to "wheel covers" like the Impreza.

I felt exactly the same way. Why start charging for standard features? Why not have a turbo as one of the configured options? :confused:

SOA if you are reading this, the survey doesn't make a ton of sense and I am not sure what it actually gets you as the response choices are incomplete.

Since you didn't even discuss a turbo and you had 16" wheels, there should have been a response that said I wouldn't buy this configuration :spin:

I think that the purpose of the survey was to figure out how much buyers of the non gt legacy would pay for certain luxury options. Maybe this means that they are bringing the 5eat to the n/a 2.5 instead of a CVT.

Guest heightsgtltd
Then they need to offer an option as I mentioned before that allows you to say no to the configuration and why. My answer would be the lack of turbo :lol:

Guest heightsgtltd
Or they should have a skip pattern in place in the first question that asks you if you own a GT, and if so it ends the survey :p

IMO,

GPS = nice option, but overpriced compared to excellent standalone units

Bluetooth = umm... I dunno.. I've never seen a tremendous need for this. What do most people like about it so much?

Things I think that would really make Subaru more competitive:

- more easily adjustable stereo (DIN sized mount)

- reduce cabin noise - try to match Acura's noise levels

- offer a 6cyl turbo? :)

- work on exterior styling

Most cars have all the features you really need.

Bluetooth is nice because in states like Illinois it is illegal to be holding onto your phone and talking as you drive. Bluetooth allows you to pickup and call while having both hands on the wheel.

Even though there already is a thread s to what we'd like on a LGT the few easy things I'd want are:

A damn boost guage instead of the 10 or so mileage guages.

When you tap the steering wheel controls for a radio station is goes to the next preset and not next station.

Obviously an STi version of a Legacy. Even Wrx STi owners grow up and want a more adult performance Subaru.

Archived