LegacyGT.com

LGT vs Mazdaspeed 6

the mazda is faster than the lgt stock.

The reason why the 0-60 times are slower is because it can't get to 60 in second gear like the lgt can.

That being said its awd sucks .. google it there are tons of reviews about how its not good.

Also my brother had a RX-8 that I drove for a couple of months and I hated it. I don't know if mazda does sports cars right.

the mazda is faster than the lgt stock.

The reason why the 0-60 times are slower is because it can't get to 60 in second gear like the lgt can.

That being said its awd sucks .. google it there are tons of reviews about how its not good.

Also my brother had a RX-8 that I drove for a couple of months and I hated it. I don't know if mazda does sports cars right.

Pretty sure I can't get to 60 in 2nd gear. The manual shows its max at 51, though I haven't checked for myself yet.

Pretty sure I can't get to 60 in 2nd gear. The manual shows its max at 51, though I haven't checked for myself yet.

no wonder why the manual guys claim the auto is slow...

i hit 60 at the top of second gear with a few more hundred rpm to spare.

i think i could hit 60 in second. but i get faster times if i shift into third for the 0-60 run.

weird.

car for sale. PM me!

That's because you have a 6MT in your Spec B. The 5MT's 2nd gear at red line is just a bit over 60 mph, while the 6MT is just shy of it. A lot of car makers intentionally design the gear ratio to hit 60 mph in 2nd to get that all important 0-60 time for the magazine tests.

I think "sucks" is a bit harsh, it's however by all accounts inferior to the Subaru's system.

Mazda can build sports cars. Miata and RX-7 are testaments to what they can do. RX-8 is unfortunately a silly compromise Mazda decided to experiment with. Even then, the RX-8 is still a great handling car but it's gut-less engine let it down.

God, I wish they had made the speed 6 with an auto option!

me too!

fwiw the mazda 6 has had a 6 speed auto for some time now. goes to show how far behind subaru is. their 3's have 5 speed autos and yet the 2.5i still gets a measly old 4.

You will get better longevity out of a Subaru. Ford engines suck (reliability)especially when they are force fed.

the direct injection motor is a ford motor?

didnt know that.

car for sale. PM me!

Ford actually makes some of the best forced induction engines ever, like the 03/04 cobra that can make 470rwhp with just 3 bolt ons and makes 370rwhp stock. And the short block can handle over 1000hp, the new gt500 5.4liter has make almost 600rwhp with bolt ons and over 1200 with an upgraded supercharger. BTW when i drove the speed 6 it felt lacking compared to the LGT

I'm not so sure it is....I thought it was totally new for the MS3 and 6

The MZR engines are designed by Mazda originally. The 4 bangers Ford called Duratec are the same as the MZR.

You'll probably find most here prefer the LGT. Shawk, I know.

So, fair and balanced? Maybe this…

WOW audi just beat the suby. love my suby more and more everyday

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I like how you tag says god created turbo lag to give v8s a chance but i have over a dozen friends with turbo v8s. Is there like a rule you cant turbo v8s where your from lol?

no rule have friends with turbo v8s too. i just like qoute.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I drove the MS6 @ the Mazda Zoom Zoom event. It was an autox course that we got to do.

The Speed6 was more roomy than the LGT, faster i dont know, clutch was harder to get used to than the legacy. Handling I think both can use improvements. I prefer the interior of the legacy more than the MS6, and the thing that turned me off from the MS6 is probly the AWD system. The split is 100/0 until slip is detected, and Mazda reliablity rep isnt as good as Subaru.

Archived