LegacyGT.com

Problems with Thule rack

ih8vtec13

All you sedan owners that need a rack asap stay the hell away from Thule! My local ski shop told me that the fit kit was a special order and I should have it in about a week or so, and now its well into January and the problem is with Thule not them. The fit kit is not available until mid Febuary, so now I am stuck with this rack that I am looking into returning or selling because I am probably going to get a Yakima because they are on their game.

I can't understand why Thule, one of the best rack companies wouldn't have something ready for this ski season and I am so pissed at the company.

I'll tell you...I bought the Yakima from a member on the board and I've had it on the car for a week or so and used it once and I am PLEASANTLY suprised. It took a while to get the fit right on the car, but it was well worth it. The only downside is one of the allen bolts was semi stripped so it took a while to get it tight. Fortunately it just holds the towers in place and since it'll always be on my sedan, I don't have to worry about making them wider. BUT I bought the Thule 6pr ski or 4pr. board carrier. The yakima bars are round and the thule mounts that come with the carrier are square, but they DO FIT! I actually like it better because I didn't spend another 25$ on the special adapter clamps and the carrier is tight enough to stay straight up, and easy enough to just fold it down so it doesn't howl as bad. I'm very pleased with this systerm, and I'm gonna put it to use again on sunday with this wicked storm that's coming!

The stock Subey (Thule square bars) rack for the wagon fits perfectly and makes virtually no noise. I posted pics somewhere awhile back. I've carried three bikes up there. I was going to skip the roof rack and get a receiver hitch (I have 4 hitch mount racks!) but it is over $400 at this point. The roof rack from Subey was $125.

Archived