LegacyGT.com

Code P0011 - is it ever something other then the turbo?

No it's normally a cold weather issue with them.

How old is the front O2 Sensor ? That's the one that meters fuel flow.

Have you checked the ground wires under the heads ? make sure they are clean and in good shape. A few of us have replaced the lower grounds.

There are also two bolts back, top of the drivers side head that are grounds. Make sure they are clean.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 years later...
Wow good searching.

But that is the recommended first step.

Or pull the OCV on the passeger side (bank1) and make sure it's clean. I would use Gunk motor flush a couple times a year and at 141,000 miles got the P0011 and P0021 CEL, my turbo lasted another 1000 miles. I had the banjo filter removed and oil changed when I got the codes.

You should listen to the turbo, if it begins to whine look at replacing it, if it begins to whistle, stop driving and replace it.

bump this back up. Can someone help this noob locate the OCV valve in their engine bay?

Also, for the oil change - drive for 15 - change oil again, can the first oil change be a cheaper oil? Id hate to do a synthetic oil change for 15 min, but I will if its recommended.

Archived