LegacyGT.com

Colorado Dealers? Boulder?

sgtpeper

Hey all,

Just doin more research. Im just curious who here has dealt with the colorado dealers and how willing they are to budge on prices. Im in Boulder so the closest dealer is Flatiron Subaru on Arapahoe in Boulder. Just curious what anyone thnks of this dealer and if anyone has any other suggestions for where to take my business :)

Thanks

Jeff

I was very happy with the deal and service that I got at Flatiron Imports. And I'd bet that they'd be willing to give you a good deal. I've also read good things about them on nasioc. I bought the vehicle from Patrick in Internet sales. If you want a quote you can just send them a email from their website or Edmunds.

Buying a vehicle over the internet has been the absolute smoothest and stress free way I've ever purchased a vehicle. Just arranged an appointment, the car was already prepped, sign paperwork for an hour and I was out the door.

I've also bought a Subaru from Mike Shaw and the experience wasn't bad and the price wasn't either.

Otherwise there's at least 8 - 10 dealers within a 50mile radius of you.

Oh, I'm not sure what the John Elway (Autonation) Subaru dealerships are like, but I wasn't impressed with one of their Ford dealerships a few years ago. It reminded me of all the reasons why car salesmen get such a bad rap.

Heap

I just tried to buy a Legacy GT from Burt Subaru today. Unfortunately, I walked away because they refused to go under invoice on the car, and the car they had on lot had a few options I didn't really need. The manager and the salesperson I worked with were cool and upfront about it. They offered invoice and no lower. This is not a rip on Burt Subaru. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised they didn't try to jerk me around or anything. So, I guess my next stop is Flat Irons.

Mark

Hey all,

Just doin more research. Im just curious who here has dealt with the colorado dealers and how willing they are to budge on prices. Im in Boulder so the closest dealer is Flatiron Subaru on Arapahoe in Boulder. Just curious what anyone thnks of this dealer and if anyone has any other suggestions for where to take my business :)

Thanks

Jeff

Hey there. I bought my LegacyGT in June of 2004. I live in Vail. Checked out numerous dealers in the Denver and Mountain area. I purchased mine from the same dealer who had been servicing my 1995 Legacy. Rocky Mountain Subaru in Grand Junction. The drive was worth it. Got it for quite less than invoice with all the options, they only had one red one on the lot and I wanted black. Did a car swap with Elway...They threw in a clear bra and window tint for the hassle of waiting two days for the swap. I could not have or be any happier with the buying process or Rocky Mountain Subaru.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to the forum, but old to car forum...(Audi, BMW, VW, MINI), and I went through the internet division at King in Loveland...a bit of a drive, but got one way under invoice (Outback 2.5XT Ltd. 5MT). They were great do deal with, prices up front, trade value online...and they were right in the market for everything. If you call Joe Cooley up there, he will help you out, he does referrals as well, so if you go there, I would split the money with you.

Also, Shae Miller at flatirons seems to be very helpful. Shae is the internet person up there as well...always prompt with a reply and from what I have heard, they have a good service department. I live close to Boulder, so considering them for service. I might be moving down to suburb hell in the near future (read: Highlands Ranch)...how do you all feel about Burt on Broadway for service? I am not as familiar with the Subie world as I am with Audi and BMW...this is my first venture out of those models in over 10 years.

cheers

jon

If anyone wants any Subarus, call me. I work at John Elway Subaru South, and (I'm bias) I think we are the best dealership around hands down. We will match any (real) price, and will be more up front than any of the other dealerships-won't jerk you around. We can also get any combination of color, transmission, etc that exists in the state as quick as possible. All the salespeople are awesome, and the managers are totally committed to making sure that they do everything they can to earn people's business and make sure that they are 100% satisfied. Any questions call (303-619-9555), email (adriantilley@gmail.com), or just post

adrian

Also, Shae Miller at flatirons seems to be very helpful. Shae is the internet person up there as well...always prompt with a reply and from what I have heard, they have a good service department.

I have received different kinds of treatments from their service department (bought my 1999 subaru new there and went there for services for about 4 years), the old man with glasses (forgot his name :redface: ) was always very polite and patient with me, while some fraternity-looking guy treated me with no respect at all (slammed my car's door, got very impatient, etc.). I contacted SOA about that and SOA sent me a letter saying that guy was fired and the dealership also made some change to the management. I haven't been there since because I have moved out of Boulder. So, it all depends on who you talk to. But one thing for sure is that they have a nice waiting area and shuttle service, and they usually wash your car for free.

This Space For Rent

We will match any (real) price,

only if you have a car with exact same installed options as the other dealer, otherwise it's "comparing apple to organe." :lol: that's what I was told.

and will be more up front than any of the other dealerships-won't jerk you around.

i didn't feel much pressures or hear much BS (like I did at another dealer) when i got my car from your west store, which was nice. :)

This Space For Rent

I just tried to buy a Legacy GT from Burt Subaru today. Unfortunately, I walked away because they refused to go under invoice on the car, and the car they had on lot had a few options I didn't really need. The manager and the salesperson I worked with were cool and upfront about it. They offered invoice and no lower. This is not a rip on Burt Subaru. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised they didn't try to jerk me around or anything. So, I guess my next stop is Flat Irons.

Mark

i have heard good stories about Burt's sales, even though I have never been to there (too far from my home).

This Space For Rent

Jeff,

I'm saving up for my new subaru right now. Wanted to get out of the car I was driving, the audi came along and was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. I'm hoping to sell the car before too long and get a subaru. I just really wanted to get something with AWD and ABS so I wouldn't die coming out of eisenhower tunnel before I saved enough for a gt.

only if you have a car with exact same installed options as the other dealer, otherwise it's "comparing apple to organe." :lol: that's what I was told.

We aren't that picky about having the exact same car. If the options are different, they adjust for price. Otherwise you'd have people coming in with prices off a stripped car wanting the same price on a fully loaded car.

We aren't that picky about having the exact same car. If the options are different, they adjust for price. Otherwise you'd have people coming in with prices off a stripped car wanting the same price on a fully loaded car.

I dunno about the south store, but my sales guy from your west store said he would price-match only if we were talking about the exact same car (otherwise it's apple vs orange, funny guy!). No other dealer had the color i wanted at that time and I needed the car for school, plus I got the free maintenance coupons from SOA, so I just paid the edmund price (even though I would qualify for the VIP price in 1 month or so). Hopefully what I paid will bring me good services from you guys in the years to come.

This Space For Rent

I bought my LGT from Shae, and she's awesome. You were absolutely spot on when you said she's very responsive and helpful. She also got me in the car under invoice. Although I haven't had a chance to get my car serviced there, the service area looked impeccable. Plus, their parts counter made me drool.... :D

I am new to the forum, but old to car forum...(Audi, BMW, VW, MINI), and I went through the internet division at King in Loveland...a bit of a drive, but got one way under invoice (Outback 2.5XT Ltd. 5MT). They were great do deal with, prices up front, trade value online...and they were right in the market for everything. If you call Joe Cooley up there, he will help you out, he does referrals as well, so if you go there, I would split the money with you.

Also, Shae Miller at flatirons seems to be very helpful. Shae is the internet person up there as well...always prompt with a reply and from what I have heard, they have a good service department. I live close to Boulder, so considering them for service. I might be moving down to suburb hell in the near future (read: Highlands Ranch)...how do you all feel about Burt on Broadway for service? I am not as familiar with the Subie world as I am with Audi and BMW...this is my first venture out of those models in over 10 years.

cheers

jon

I bought my LGT from Shae, and she's awesome. You were absolutely spot on when you said she's very responsive and helpful. She also got me in the car under invoice. Although I haven't had a chance to get my car serviced there, the service area looked impeccable. Plus, their parts counter made me drool.... :D

good to know. i need to get in there next week, I have a rattle in the dash that sounds like the windshield is not really sealed or something. Only happens when the car is cold, but stops as the heater kicks in a bit. I can't wait to see their parts dept, and talk to them about sways and other options they may cover, and what DIY they may cover as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my OBXT from them two days ago and had a very positive experience. I had test driven there back in December and went back in on Tuesday. After a short test drive, I mentioned that I had gotten quotes from up and down the front range. The salesperson (John) asked what I wanted to pay, I said invoice and 5 minutes later he came back from the manager saying that was fine (plus the $289 DH crap).

I was starting to think that I should have been bargining a lot harder if it was going to be that easy to get invoice and then they gave me the number for my trade. They offered me $1400 for my 96 Contour which Edmunds said is worth $1125 and KBB said was worth $825--I was floored!

They had a great selection of LGTs and OBXTs so if they have the flavor and color you are looking for, they are certainly worth a drive from Denver/Boulder.

• 1 month later...

Got a killer deal from Patrick, the Internet Sales Manager at Flatirons Subaru in Boulder, and he's a really nice guy as well. In my humble opinion, he comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, and I would recommend him to any prospective Subaru buyer.

To have Patrick as your sales manager, you need to inquire about the price of a Subaru off of www.subaru.com with Flatirons Subaru. Patrick will get back to you via email and likely offer you a great price.

D.SCOTT

Hey Adrian. You might help increase some of your sales by making sure the cars on your lot don't have dead batteries. I hit your area about a week ago, doing some shopping with Mickie. None of the LGTs that I wanted to check out were functional. Even the portable battery boost (or whatever that huge yellow thing is called that Mickie hauled around) didn't work and I had to TD a non-Limited.

Just FYI.

Archived