LegacyGT.com

Strange fuel problem

Filled up at the gas station this morning. Drove to work. On the way home from work, I notice the gas guage dropping more than usual. 80 mile commute usually will use less than a 1/4 tank. When got to 70 miles on the trip odometer, it was down to 1/4 tank. It went through 1/8 tank in the last 30 miles home. Decided to fill up again to see how much fuel was burnt, just shy of 5 gallons. That worked out to 16.5 mpg. The trip computer showed 24.0 mpg which is typical since I wasn't driving hard at all. The trip computer has been 1 mpg high.

No CEL, no codes, no visible gas leaks. Anyone got an idea where about 1.5 gals went? :confused::mad:

Sh*tty Callifornia Gas is all I can think of. That has happened to me a couple of times when I went with the cheeper gas. Since then, I limit myself to cheveron, shell, 76, or costco and I make up the differance in price with milage. My computer has been just about spot on since day one. And I have a simular commute 70 miles round trip and half is in the santa cruz mountains.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived