LegacyGT.com

any1 else get condensation in their tails?

VXCL

i found both my tail lamps had moisture inside them and had the dealer make a note of it. im going to keep my eye on them. waiting to see if they redesign the tails before they get replaced under warrenty. im hoping 06's come with led tails. that would be sweet.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I dont think 06 will have led lights, and I belive its normal to get condesation anywhere, wheather its inside your car, or its your head/tail lights, it could happen if you wash your car and the lights have been on for a while or if it just rains and cold at the same time (rare), so I guesss you shouldnt be very worried.

I wish they'll be leds for 06 too man, but Im 80% sure there wont be.

Not exactly something I'd suggest for a new car but...

Either the tailight is not sealed properly... you have to heat up the whole assembly to loosen the sealant and then pry it apart and re-seal it...

A lot of light assemblies (mainly headlights) have an outlet that lets any water trapped in there evaporate out but does not let it in...Some are just plain sealed and the only hole for water to get in would be the light socket...

Or it is possible that you got liquid water in there and it was too much to evaporate out the escape hole (if there is one). In which case it still may evaporate out on a sunny day.

On a new car I'd demand it to be replaced until you get a set that doesn't let water in...

This happened on a GM Astro van 10 years ago and was replaced under warranty no questions asked. Now that GM owns a share of Fuji/Subaru....

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

I noticed some condensation in both tail lights once recently. But it was a lot colder than usual, and I haven't really seen it since. If it reappears, then I'll probably go to the dealer and have them swap it out. I'm kinda lazy about it though...

There should be absolutley no moisture in the lamp assembly. they are supposed to be sealed and vented in a way that prevents this from happening. it only gets worse never better. nothing like having water build up inside. im not going to waste my time resealing them. i had to do this on my 97 acura but it was used for 4 yrs so i wasnt about to buy new lamps. on new car this is unacceptable and embarassing. seems like subaru has a design flaw in the tails. i really didnt expect so many others to be experiencing the same thing. im still gonna wait it out a bit just incase there is any desirable change in tail lamp design for the next model.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived