LegacyGT.com

GI: SPT Version 2 Catback

anonymouse20910

Folks,

Gauging interest for now. I have an SPT Version 2 catback. Recently bought from sonicjet. Less than a year old. I have had it on for the last 2 weeks. The drone in my wagon is a little annoying. It's really a beautiful piece though and will probably sound perfect in a sedan.

Will not ship. I will ONLY sell this local to MD/DC/VA or if you are an hour away from 20871 to meet up. I will remove this from my car in a couple weeks, as soon as I source a Perrin Mid and Y pipe set.

For sale at $600.

I have a perrin mid/y. I've been looking for suitable mufflers that wouldn't make my car drone, or be too terribly loud.

Would you be interested in trade w/cash? I don't know how much cash, we could discuss that.

My main thing is that I don't want it to drone in cabin at all. Hopefully that is the case, I can't think of SPT having an annoying product when it comes to noise.

Sounds like you will take it off in a couple weeks. I have an outstanding issue with my car that I am trying to resolve. If I have to take it to the dealer to fix, I probably will be out as money is tight. If not I could be game to swap.

Perrin mid/y has a resonator right? My SPT doesn't. The SPT drones in my wagon with the full catback. Since you have a sedan the drone should be minimal but I can't guarantee that. Do you have the skills/tools necessary to do a swap? Maybe we can work something out. Let me know. I'm about to pull the trigger on a new perrin mid/y set.

I have a perrin mid/y. I've been looking for suitable mufflers that wouldn't make my car drone, or be too terribly loud.

Would you be interested in trade w/cash? I don't know how much cash, we could discuss that.

My main thing is that I don't want it to drone in cabin at all. Hopefully that is the case, I can't think of SPT having an annoying product when it comes to noise.

Sounds like you will take it off in a couple weeks. I have an outstanding issue with my car that I am trying to resolve. If I have to take it to the dealer to fix, I probably will be out as money is tight. If not I could be game to swap.

I have tools, but no actual place to use them. I keep them in my apartment in case of some emergency. I can let you know in a few weeks. Like I said, I need to check out a problem with my car first.

Yes, the Perrin has a resonator, but I think its worthless. With the stock cans it is a very quiet system. With the perrin cans, it drones, is loud, and all that...so I think the drone was from the cans more so than the resonator.

Don't wait on me though if you need to get the new set up ASAP.

Sorry PSU, I just got a smokin deal on a new set from jscspeed.

I have tools, but no actual place to use them. I keep them in my apartment in case of some emergency. I can let you know in a few weeks. Like I said, I need to check out a problem with my car first.

Yes, the Perrin has a resonator, but I think its worthless. With the stock cans it is a very quiet system. With the perrin cans, it drones, is loud, and all that...so I think the drone was from the cans more so than the resonator.

Don't wait on me though if you need to get the new set up ASAP.

Archived