LegacyGT.com

Repair help, Bag holder in Cargo area.

What part? the molly-bolts in the side panels? If so, replace with new from the dealer.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Ah - I forgot those were there! I expect the screw, visible deep inside, holds the whole thing in.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

If there's a screw visible, maybe you don't have to remove any trim. Cross your fingers.

And for everyone: what's your best guess of the (dealership) cost of a new little hook? (No cheating!) If the Prime Power doesn't tell us, I'll call my dealer (I actually have a good relationship with the parts guy; it's the service guys who are tools).

I say, um, $27.50. HPH

Well I called, and he didn't really know what I was talking about. He faxed over a layout and I ordered what appeared to be it but I won't know till it comes in later in the week. $7.50 was the price. We will see. The screw didn't release it though. Either that, or I didn't pull hard enough after taking the screw out.

After seeing the new part it was fairly obvious what I had to do. But getting the trim pieces off back there was a little challenging. Just figuring out how to get them off was the hard part. If I had to do it again, total job probably 10 minutes, but it probably took me 30-40 today. Next time much easier. Maybe these pics will help someone if they do the same thing in the future.

DSCN0383.thumb.jpg.108aa4b05f2191d6b7df96bb1fcad7c6.jpg

DSCN0384.thumb.jpg.fc6a25a81e1d67880dcb959cb8930542.jpg

DSCN0385.thumb.jpg.8b310542e28c3c6ca20c1c91c23bcf19.jpg

Archived