LegacyGT.com

an AT to a MT?

VT05Legacy

i bought the car for $6,000 it was lightly hit in the front . you cant pick if you want an auto or a stick a the junk yard. hahah

but buy the looks of it its not worth it. thanks for the help guys.

6 Grand?! Lightly hit in the front? How much money did it take to repair it, if you don't mind me asking. How many miles on the car?

the 6,000 for the car plus parts and paint ive got around $8,000 into it. it has 47,000 miles. i changed a headlight, fender, front bumper cover, and a rear bumper cover

trade for an mt one, you got this one cheap so you can still be quite ahead

I was at a point condering getting an LGT AT wagon (cheap) and converting it to 6MT out of STI. Can be done but a hassle. Even gauge cluster is different.

well, if it has a reconstructed title, most dealers won't take it on trade. but really, if he only paid $6K for it, I'm sure he can find a donor 5MT or 6MT and build it.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

yeah, if you decide to do mt conversion, do 6mt swap, not 5mt

exactly. if you're gonna do it, go all the way! :lol: would seem like a waste to just go 5MT. Plus, I'm sure you can find a 6MT from an STI or Spec B. I believe Hammerdown or Hammerhead or Hammer... something did an STI conversion complete with DCCD.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 1 month later...
i'm reviving this thread because I just got news that I may have an issue with my 5EAT tranny. And at the cost of fixing or replacing the 5eat, it might be the same price (4-5k) to convert to 5mt or 6mt. Anyone got any ideas on the cost of a conversion?

I did a 6 speed swap and it cost about $6k. I wrote a review about it, its around here somewhere. I don't like the 6mt and I would love to go back to a 5mt with PPGs. Even though I spend $6k, I already had an R180 rear end and Brembos off of an STI and a few more parts that most people would need. About $1k of that was having a shop install it, but it wasn't cheap.

On a side note, I have a 5mt transmission with 1-2 PPGs and 3-4-5-R RA width off of an '05 WRX all inside an '04 case. Third gear is blown, so it would need a new 3rd, but the PPGs and the other gears are good. I would be willing to let it go for a good price.

exactly. if you're gonna do it, go all the way! :lol: would seem like a waste to just go 5MT. Plus, I'm sure you can find a 6MT from an STI or Spec B. I believe Hammerdown or Hammerhead or Hammer... something did an STI conversion complete with DCCD.

That would be me, Hammer Down:cool:

Here's my thread,

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61199

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived