LegacyGT.com

Car accelerates on its own?

this almost causes me accidents all the time, I thought I was just a bad driver :lol: it happens when I'm trying to slow down from an already slow speed and stopping is like yo're doing 40.. its annoying.

o well, at least I'm not crazy.... in this aspect :spin:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 5 months later...

I have this same problem - but not in 1st gear as many have suggested. It is most prominent for me in 4th, though I have noticed it, though not as prominently, in other gears. I never noticed it before last year (I have an 05), and it seems to be getting worse.

Two questions :

Aside from it being due to the DBW, 1) could it be related to the MAF, and 2) could it be a precursor of turbo failure?

Bonus question (extra credit): regardless of cause, can anything be done about it?

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Aside from it being due to the DBW, 1) could it be related to the MAF, and 2) could it be a precursor of turbo failure?

Bonus question (extra credit): regardless of cause, can anything be done about it?

I'm pretty sure that what you're experiencing is due to the shape of the tables that the ECU uses to map throttle pedal position to throttle plate opening angle.

To fix it, get a Tactrix cable and RomRaider, have a look at the tables, and go crazy. I flattened out the "requested torque" table and my throttle response feels natural to me now. The bottom 5% of pedal travel feels kind of numb but I'll get off my ass and fix that at some point.

^ I think you deserve extra credit but since I don't have the technical knowledge to understand your response :redface:, I'll have to get some other expert opinions before deciding...;)

Seriously, thanks. I will think about taking the car to a tuner to address what you suggest.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

^ I think you deserve extra credit but since I don't have the technical knowledge to understand your response :redface:, I'll have to get some other expert opinions before deciding...;)

Seriously, thanks. I will think about taking the car to a tuner to address what you suggest.

good idea if you dont know what your doing. I know I dont and im not going in and messing with the tables myself...

Archived