LegacyGT.com

AP V1 - Question about realtime vs base maps

executor485

Ok, I have been searching for a while and still havent found the answer(s) I'm looking for... But I'll slap on my flame suit just in case... lol

I just got an AP V1 from a member here on the forums. IIRC, it has a stage 2 map from TDC on it... Could be wrong though, I havent plugged it in yet to check... So, here's the deal. I know that the maps are built specifically for the previous owner's mods... So lets say we both have/going to have the same mods.

I dont have the mods on yet, but I'm going to put them on this weekend... But I want to use the AP until that time. So I can run stage 1 until I get the mods done and then go stage 2.

-My question is: Do I need to load a base map that is stage 1 and then re-flash when I go stage 2 and do a stage 2 base map(really dont look forward to wasting 20-30 min each time re-flashing... lol)? Or can I run a stage 2 base map, and then just run a stage 1 realtime map until I can put the mods on this weekend?

Thanks for the help.

BTW, mods are as follows:

Perrin Air Filter

STi Catless Up Pipe

Gutting OEM Down Pipe

Silencer Box Removed

Hogzaust FTW!

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Either have patience until you put your Stage 2 hardware

OR

Install Stage 1 maps - BASE and REAL time drive it like that and when you go Stage 2, then you flash again the base stage 2 and then the real time stage 2.

Why do you want to risk anything for 30 minutes ? I am surprised you are not asking whether you should just install Stage 2 base map now and flash the factory settings real time ? Have patience, do the mods in the proper order.

Or can I run a stage 2 base map, and then just run a stage 1 realtime map until I can put the mods on this weekend?

He did ask that. And you should be fine loading the stage 2 base map and running the stage 1 real time.

-Pierce

Archived