LegacyGT.com

My first road trip in my new '08 GT

its a manual lever near the center console... not really the spacing as much as the angle of the side supports.

err... is that for lumbar... now i'm confused... i haven't driven my car in weeks and certainly haven't touched that lever in months.

lol

its a manual lever near the center console... not really the spacing as much as the angle of the side supports.

err... is that for lumbar... now i'm confused... i haven't driven my car in weeks and certainly haven't touched that lever in months.

That would be the lumbar adjustment :} I don't think you ca adjust the bolsters at all. Or if you can, I can't find the info anywhere!

I love the lumbar adjustment. The fact that they put one on the passenger seat was a HUGE selling point for my wife, since I'll be the one driving the car most the time. I don't know why more cars don't put more effort into making the passenger seat more comfortable. Why shouldn't the passenger have the comforts that usually go to the driver?

Now, I think you might be onto something with the adjustable bolsters! Maybe this is the next great thing in options for sporty cars. Would it really be that difficult? And it would allow each user to fine tune their bucket seat even more.

I test drove a Mazda RX8 before I purchased my Legacy, and although I thought they were fine, my wife hated how much the side bolsters stuck up on that car, made for a very uncomfortable passenger ride. So we couldn't even consider that car when looking at what to buy. Had the seats been more confortable to her, the RX8 might have put up a fighting chance (but that's a whole 'nuther topic).

Archived