LegacyGT.com

2008 2.5i Hood, Intake, Springs

Alright so I'm half asleep so if something is obv on this site and I missed it I'm sorry.

Anyone know where I can find the following:

-I want to put a GT hood on my i model. I like the way it looks, and yes I am to cheap to buy the GT model, and I did not want to pay for super gas.

-Intake and springs: for the small amount of searching I have done, I am not finding any aftermarket parts for 08 2.5i's. Everything is for GT's.

Help?

Alright so I'm half asleep so if something is obv on this site and I missed it I'm sorry.

Anyone know where I can find the following:

-I want to put a GT hood on my i model. I like the way it looks, and yes I am to cheap to buy the GT model, and I did not want to pay for super gas.

-Intake and springs: for the small amount of searching I have done, I am not finding any aftermarket parts for 08 2.5i's. Everything is for GT's.

Help?

:hide:

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

the gt hood, when you get one block off the scoop so it doesnt increase drag and engine bay turbulence, unless you want less gasmilage, but with a cooler engine bay but with a constantly dirty engine

the intake

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01-IMPREZA-BAJA-LEGACY-FORESTER-AIR-INTAKE-W-FILTER_W0QQitemZ150241988460QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150241988460&

thats what i used on my dads 08, you will have to get some tubing from an auto parts store for the crank case ventalation, but your going to run this to the air box, unless you can do this 1 of 3 ways

attach pipe to air box, (you will need to buy an extra coupler)

cut box right after where the tubular part is that attachs to maf, fit that to a coupler and a cone

or buy an adaper the only one ive seen that will work is over 100 dollars

i just used the stock box and cut the front out a put a k&n filter inside

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/Joe_1985/062.jpg

yes i made it look 100% better later but you get the idea (almost as good as a cone)

as for the suspension you can use the gt suspension, stock or aftermarket

the gt hood, when you get one block off the scoop so it doesnt increase drag and engine bay turbulence, unless you want less gasmilage, but with a cooler engine bay but with a constantly dirty engine

the intake

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01-IMPREZA-BAJA-LEGACY-FORESTER-AIR-INTAKE-W-FILTER_W0QQitemZ150241988460QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150241988460&

thats what i used on my dads 08, you will have to get some tubing from an auto parts store for the crank case ventalation, but your going to run this to the air box, unless you can do this 1 of 3 ways

attach pipe to air box, (you will need to buy an extra coupler)

cut box right after where the tubular part is that attachs to maf, fit that to a coupler and a cone

or buy an adaper the only one ive seen that will work is over 100 dollars

i just used the stock box and cut the front out a put a k&n filter inside

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/Joe_1985/062.jpg

yes i made it look 100% better later but you get the idea (almost as good as a cone)

as for the suspension you can use the gt suspension, stock or aftermarket

That's interesting... :)

do you have the maf adapter # and brand, one i bought at pep boys didnt work

im going to put ebaichs on my pops ride, maybe mine, i have 2 sets of springs laying around

1 tein other is ebaich

I swear I have read otherwise?

You read incorrectly.

(sorry, was not trying to sound like a smart-@$$, but I have researched it pretty extensively.)

SpecBs have some quirks, however the LGT and 2.5i are interchangable.

i just dont want to be "that guy" that doesnt do his research right haha. I'm bascially trying to get rid of the lean when in curves. I had a 98 eclipse which I dropped 1.5" and it took curves like a champ. want the same from the legacy.

cancel that. I'm going with the H. found the review section ;) good thing I started this post or I would feel bad for blowing it up haha.

Also, check the RalliTEK springs. I heard great things abotu them, and the drop is slightly more than that on the H-Techs.

I am going with Koni struts, H-Tech fronts, GT rears, and an upgraded rear sway bar. I love Koni struts for handling without losig comfort.

The H-Techs are good springs, from all of my research.

Just a peice of advice: You might get more good 2.5i info in the N/A subforum, and better suspension info in the suspension subforum...

Archived