LegacyGT.com

Why hasn't ne1 made a gutting walkthrough?!?!

well?! Explain yourselves.:mad: I hear it's pretty easy and there's a hammer and some banging involved, but why no pics or anything? Do you just stick a large object in there and start banging on it until the pieces fall out the other end?

well?! Explain yourselves.:mad: I hear it's pretty easy and there's a hammer and some banging involved, but why no pics or anything? Do you just stick a large object in there and start banging on it until the pieces fall out the other end?

for the DP and MP, yes. 15 mins and you're done.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

So just like a big socket extension and a hammer or something? What did you use? How about the UP? That's the one I want to do. Is there any difference between an Sti UP and a gutted stocker? Does the curve complicate things?

The up pipe is a different story. Rumor has it the material is harder, and then you must use a drill with rotary attachments for about 1 hour to smoothen out the inside of the pipe till it is squeaky clean and nothing can rupture off the wall and fly into your turbo.

There is a thread on NASIOC though, with instructions for a WRX.

The up pipe is a different story. Rumor has it the material is harder, and then you must use a drill with rotary attachments for about 1 hour to smoothen out the inside of the pipe till it is squeaky clean and nothing can rupture off the wall and fly into your turbo.

There is a thread on NASIOC though, with instructions for a WRX.

UP is a bitch! :mad: just get a cheap one... or someone's who already gutted theirs. I believe mine has been claimed already.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I'll be in the market for one after I get the suspension situated. I've had my APV2 and second map from TDC (only $25) just waiting for me to get the pipes installed for over a year now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
While I was installing my uppipe, I had the downpipe off and just couldn't help myself from grabbing a long screwdriver and knocking the crap out of it until all the metal honeycomb material busted apart along with the small amount of stuffing. Easy as cake. However if I need to go back to stock, I need to find a stock cat ungutted.

Archived