LegacyGT.com

Interior Comparison

ADirtyLegacy

So, from reading other threads on the board, I get the feeling people are pleased with the interior of the LGT. I recently got to see an interior up close and I honestly wasn't that impressed with it. It reminded me of the '05 WRX. Maybe this is due to the fact that I haven't been around brand new cars alot. Excluding German branded cars (which are known for quality interiors), what other interiors are people comparing the LGT's interior too? I just want to know so I can have something to compare too if I happen to be around brand new cars. I'm not trying to slam the interior by anymeans, just want to know what else to compare it too so maybe I can see why people like the LGT's so much.

Kenda

That's interesting you didn't think there was much difference between the WRX and Legacy interiors. I personally think there is a big difference even despite the improvements in the '05 WRX. The lines in the Legacy interior just seem to flow a lot better than the WRX.

But on to your main question, most folks probably have compared the LGT interior to other vehicles in it's price range ($26-30K). Two vehicles I closely compared it to were the Acura TSX and Volvo S40 when shopping around. IMO the GT has an interior fit and finish that is competitive in this class of vehicle.

Ken

Guest *Jedimaster*
Kenda- I'm surprised you didn't note the difference immediately. The interior and comfort were the two things that made me think of trading in my WRX.

I didn't sit in the seat of the LGT, i just visually saw it. I have sat in the seat of i WRX, and it didn't bother me much. As far as the flowing lines of the interior, I can't say that I noticed flow (that's not to say that there isnt). What caught my attention the most was the console and the fact that the material (the silver stuff, guessing aluminum..could be wrong) was the same as the WRX. I noticed the WRX didn't have the integrated HVAC and radio, but it just all looked the same to me b/c of the material. I will say that the LGT's seats look better than mine (yes, i'm jealous). I'm guessing there is a difference in the Limited and non-Limited versions (leather seats?), so I must have been looking at a non limited version as it had cloth seats. Is there a trim upgrade with the limited version? I know I have wood grain (man do i hate it!), but then again I haven't seen the inside of another year model like mine. i'll have to look at the TSX and S40 to see what those interiors look like.

Kenda

I agree with Jedimaster...quite a difference to me between the LGT and WRX interiors and one of the main reasons I made the swap.. Kendra - check out the Ltd with taupe leather interior and see if it makes more of an impression on you. Perhaps you like leather ;) ?

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Or my taupe / leather /woodgrain -

http://moojohn.com/subaru/woodgrain.jpg

Can't say I'm a fan of that wood, reminds me of the wood in my sisters 4Runner. But I do think that the LGT interior is definatley a huge step up from the WRX, if it wasn't I wouldn't have gotten it.

Song of Post- Sublime- Garbage Groove

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

i've done the leather thing be4 in my SHO...it ws eh, i can live with it or with out it. i will have to sit in an LGT th next time i am fortunate to be around one. maybe there is a difference once you sit in the seat that i didn't get from just looking at it with the door open.

i will say the woodgrain kicks it up a notch and if i were fotunate enough to be able to buy an '05, i would opt for the woodgrain as much as i hate woodgrain just to set it apart.

maybe the interior is just not an important deal to me as long as its functional and i can reach stuff. i guess that's just part of being young and dumb......or maybe its b/c i like muscle cars with cheesy interiors. afterall, who's making comments about how lovely the interior is when you open up a 6 pack with ooogles of tire smoke? :)

Kenda

Nobody even noticed that the stock woodgrained pieces in the center are now black :)

Mine is real rosewood, but you can pick any type of real or fake wood or carbon - http://exoticwooddash.com

It's a perfect fit, and after having it for about 2 months, every time I sit in my car I'm still glad I got it. The pic (overcast day = flash) really doesn't do it justice - I need to try to take some better ones.

My grandparents have two Lexus LS430's, and of course I like the wood in there. That's what helped me decide to go with wood vs. the silver paint. I considered the "real medium burl", but I'm not driving a Lexus :)

Mine is real rosewood, but you can pick any type of real or fake wood or carbon - http://exoticwooddash.com

It's a perfect fit, and after having it for about 2 months, every time I sit in my car I'm still glad I got it. The pic (overcast day = flash) really doesn't do it justice - I need to try to take some better ones.

John -

How difficult was the install? Are the pieces hard to line up? Is there a set time for the adhesive?

John

The install was pretty easy. I started with the smaller pieces so I could get the hang of it. The trim around the radio was the hardest to eyeball but it went on perfectly. I got the part around the shifter slightly off-center but it's not all that bad. I may order just that piece later and re-do it just because I know it's there.

The adhesive is an extremely thin 3M product. You can actually peel it back up and re-place a piece if it isn't right the first time. Once you let it sit for an hour or so, everything is permanant.

If I was doing it again, I'd spray paint the edges of the trim black first so that anything not covered by the wood would be black and thus not noticable.

Archived