LegacyGT.com

Detailing Supplies...

ok, just bought my Silver 06 LGT limited yesterday and im going to be running out to...well autozone...to pick up some cleaning supplies since i havent had a nice car in about a year lol...so far on my list...

Tint-safe window cleaner spray

lexol leather conditioner/cleaners (i think this is the same bottle? going from what guys on her said)

wax...dont know which kind any suggestions?

already got tire shine and rim cleaner

am i missing anything? any suggestions would really help thanks alot!

For glass, stoner's invisible glass or another tint-safe spray. Use old newspaper to wipe it clean.

For paint from the general stores meguair's is good stuff. Gold class shampoo/conditioning wash and then a good wax will get you 90% of the way (some people religiously clay bar or clean the paint in some way, but I personally don't do that unless it's truly needed). Meguair's sells several good waxes. They sell a Tech Wax (NXT?) that's pretty good. They sell some gold-class paste wax which is also decent.

Honestly, decent product is about 25% of the battle. Just about anything decent will, well, do decently. The other 75% is the actual work and materials.

Clean terrycloth, clean chamois (pronounced shammy), clean washing sponges, clean applicator pads. Take your time, read the bottle and do it right. Top to bottom. As Danase recently said, clean the wheels first after rinsing off the vehicle (I do the same on exhaust tips as needed). Then wash the car.

If you are willing to skip Autozone, there is a product called Klasse-All-In-One (referred to as Klasse AIO). It's quite good, relatively inexpensive, and will cover alot of your bases in a user friendly format.

Joe

oh yeah, forgot to put rain-x on the list...autozones really the only place around here, that and napa and advanced...all the same crap to me unless i was buying parts....anyway, anyone believe in the rain-x interior fog remover? driving my car last night in the rain i could see CRAP.

anyone believe in the rain-x interior fog remover? driving my car last night in the rain i could see CRAP.

I tried it years ago and didn't like it at all. If you clean the inside of your windows you will probably take care of the problem.

Don't forget a quality wash mit and some microfiber towels. Detailing can become a pretty slippery slope fast.

^ amen to slippery slope, i'm already looking into a Porter cable.

and 2nd the Klasse AIO it is an excellent starter product, and you can add carnuba on top afterwards to get an even glossyer finish.

PS if you never learn what swirl marks are and notice all the fine damage to the clear coat you'll never be so obsessed with fixing it, there are times i wish i never learned :)

The best all around product is the Presta Fast Wax. You won't find it at Auto Zone but it protects and lasts longer than paste wax and is easier to remove than detail spray. I love it on my black LGT it removes all the little imperfections and is sooooooo easy. Check you local autobody supply shop.

Archived