LegacyGT.com

Stopped raining in CA! Washed my LGT

LandShark

Bill,

i think you're right. but i really like the soft cover look. when i put my new Perrin TMIC on in about 2 weeks, i plan to add EGT and boost gauges (don't know what brand yet). i will monitor things that way.

the soft cover fits really nice & tight. i guess it could be generating turbulence in the air flow.

Your thread actually got me to go outside and wash and wax my wagon. Well, first I had to wash my wife's truck so she couldn't cry favoritism. :)

And I tried out the Mr. Clean water filter car wash nozzle I picked up at Wal-Mart last week. It pretty much works as advertised with the filter cartridge removing the minerals in the water allowing the car to dry pretty much spot free without wiping. Not having to towel dry is a good thing when you're washing a Ram 1500 QuadCab alone. :) The only thing is that you need to make sure you rinse off the soap really, really well or else you get some hazing (which is easily wiped off with a damp towel).

Bill, that's really funny because i've been using the Mr. Clean car washer system every week (except during the 2+ weeks straight of rain). I like it too. I don't feel the "spot free" rinse option is truly spotless unless you spend a lot of time rinsing (misting) with it. and there's no way to get the 5 washes out of each filter it advertises. I hardly get 2 washes per filter. What i do is a shorter filtered water rinse followed by a Turtle Wax product that's a simple squirt bottle to spray on wet and towel dry. it adds a real nice shine. obviously, i do think the Mr. Clean product is decent enough so i keep using it. I just like the personal time washing the beautiful Legacy. it also beats throwing away about $15 bucks at the local car wash every week. the filter only costs about $5 ea and the soap is about $3 a bottle.

This was my first time using it. I wonder if would make sense to just use it for rinsing the car and use the trusty hose and bucket for the soaping part. At least then the filter cart is used only for the rinse water, where it's really needed. But like you said, the carts are only $5 which isn't that much to spend on a clean car.

Landshark - you should come to the SFV meet, kinda far from your place but you will meet a couple of Legacy owners and a lot of WRX and STi owners as well

Sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna wait for 2-3 more weeks until I get to put all my Stage 2 goodies on. I'll PM you for directions later. Thanks for countin me in!

Archived